What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Tethering

germansember

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do not upgrade!

Part of the process Redsnow uses is to downgrade back to 3.1.2 , so it would be pointless to upgrade.

Are you saying that it can still be done after 3.1.3 or are we out of luck?

You can always try downgrading to 3.1.2, but if you don’t have your 3GS 3.1.2 hashes on file with Cydia, you’ll need to wait 3.1.3 out and see what happens with 4.0.

Hi all. I do not own an Ipad yet, but regarding iphone jailbreak I have done it a few times. If you upgraded to a 3.1.3 and all you want to do is jailbreak then the easiest way (works like a charm) is "SPIRIT"

1. connect your iphone
2. download spirit from Spirit
3. install the application
4. click on the only button available
5. in seconds your iphone will be jailbroken.

cheers

Solitar6y

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got a jail broken iPhone with a 3G subscription and installed a tethering app. iPad works perfectly with it. Might not have to get the 3G version after all.

How did you connect the iPhone and the iPad? Can you do it over Bluetooth? If not is there a cable available that has a iPhone connection on both ends?

I used iphonemodem to setup my iphone as a wireless hub, cost you $10. You need to jailbreak your iphone those, and your OS needs to be 3.12 or earlier.

If you still have 3.11, then there is a free version from CNET

Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV

A-FRIGGIN-MAZINGGGGGG!!!!! The myfi tutorial is slightly outdated, you can no longer purchase within the app - just download the trial off cydia, and make an account (through which you can purchase the full app) at Rock Your Phone

I just tried with JB 3.1.3 iPhone 3G along with JB iPad 3.2 OS - works like a charm, so excited!!!

lennywc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used spirit also, jail broke my iPad and touch. Done Effortlessly.

Ripplinghurst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried to jailbreak, but it fails. I have a iPhone 3G, with 3.1.3 and am on windows. Tried snow and it failed..... Hope something comes up, I would really like to have the tether option.

I have a 3G with 3.1.3 and used redsnow 0.9.4 to jailbreak mine. Very quick and painless experience, AFTER you read tons of posts and stuff at redmondpie.com.

But the only way I can connect to the iPad is via turning the iPhone a wifi hotspot. I'd like to use bluetooth instead, because of battery concerns. I have a 3G ipad though, so I think I'm going to activate it and don't bother. 3G battery is bad enough as it is.

stewall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kheldour, can you tell me the configuration you used with your Huawei? (I'm trying to use ATT)
Thanks

Varjak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alternative to MyFi

An alternative to the MyFi is to use a mobile wireless router (such as the Zoom 3G wireless-N Travel Router) and then buy a pay-as-you-go USB 3G dongle - in effect the two components together do the same thing as the MyFi.

barriejohn69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't find Myfi anywhere on Cydia. Nor can I find the Rock app. Any ideas? It would save a fortune on my 3g subscription

Most reactions