What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi-Tethered Jailbreak Available (For iPad1 Owners)

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally upgraded the iPad 1 to iOS 5.0, installed all my jailbreak tweaks first, and then installed semi-tether and gave it a test run, and it seems to be working fine.

Normal power-off(shutdown), restarted normally (prob 30secs)..... regular stock apps working..(the jailbreak app(cydia) not working, which is normal).....so i proceeded to boot tethered now(DFU/redsnow).....rebooted fine, to a working jailbreak....but i think i had to do a respring, because the screen was weird(apps was spaced out), but after the respring, everything is working how it should be. Installed a few more tweaks, respringed a few more times and i don't see a problem. So it should be good to go.

I didn't checkmark the safari fix yet(in semi-tether app)....will do and report back if i remember.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the latest update works fine on iPad1 thankfully, although for me I can't ever imagine having to use it for real. Nice hack through.

I can confirm the Safari switch does enable the browser to be used when you reboot semi-tethered.

Most reactions