What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD Switching Routers !!!

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello all,

For the past few days, when my wife turns on her IPAD in the morning, it's on another router in the area, other than our own!!

Join other networks, or whatever that is, is not on.

My IPAD is fine, and is on the router I left it on, here in the house.

What on earth is going on??

Thanks, Ken

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi ken-not sure if you have done this yet, but try to forget the network by going to iPad settings/wifi. Find your home network and click onto that. It should bring up an option to forget the network. Than have your iPad search again forgot your network. Find yours and re-enter your password.

Otherwise, try to restart your iPad by pressing the power switch until you get the lock slide to turn off. Power back on and re-try.

Good luck.

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Hi ken-not sure if you have done this yet, but try to forget the network by going to iPad settings/wifi. Find your home network and click onto that. It should bring up an option to forget the network. Than have your iPad search again forgot your network. Find yours and re-enter your password.

Otherwise, try to restart your iPad by pressing the power switch until you get the lock slide to turn off. Power back on and re-try.

Good luck.
.................................................................................

Yes..we did the forget network option on that crazy network it latched onto......This morning, it was still on "our" router....so far so good.....Thanks for the input!......Ken.

Most reactions

Latest posts