What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help to get on wi fi please

Mollypussy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bought new ipad2 and have virgin media wi fi router all ok in house for iPhone
Now ipad shows network ok but when I add password it's
Says unable to join and I have reset router and settings on ipad
When my daughter visits with her ipad she can't get on either but iPhone ok
Pls help as driving me mad
Could it be firewall or router ?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Molly..... - welcome to the forum! :)

First, I hope that Gabriel's link will help - I'm in the USA using a Cisco 802.11b/g/n router, so may not be of much help but I'm curious if you do find an answer.

Second, my initial advice would have been to reset both the router (power recycle) & the iPad, but you seemed to have already given that a try; then I would retry the password entry (not sure what type of Wi-Fi protection your system is using or if changing to another option would help?); finally, if there is a configuration program, you might want to change the channel broadcasting - but please let us know if any of these suggestions help and post back when you find a solution - I'm sure others are in a similar situation. Dave

batty505

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bought new ipad2 and have virgin media wi fi router all ok in house for iPhone
Now ipad shows network ok but when I add password it's
Says unable to join and I have reset router and settings on ipad
When my daughter visits with her ipad she can't get on either but iPhone ok
Pls help as driving me mad
Could it be firewall or router ?

It's your router. You'll have to login and verify the Mac addresses can connect.

Most reactions

Latest posts