What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad screen protection

azonie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Getting a new iPad but think I may pass on screen protection. I use Ghost Armor on my iPhone 4. But felt that was needed since it would be going in and out of my pocket.
iPad will be in portfolio type case.
So should be fine without screen protector?????????

puglover333

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I rarely take my iPad out of the house. It never gets tossed in a backpack or purse where it could hit against something hard. I had my 1st iPad for 2 years (just updated) and I never got a scratch on the screen. I think the average iPad that is in a case is fine without a screen protector.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Coveroo shell on my original iPad that was perfect for me. When in use, it fit the back perfectly, and when not in use, I would flip it over to protect the front. There is not one out for the new iPad, and I have decided to order a smart cover. I hate to spend that type of money, but I have not found another one for a lesser price that has all the same features.

OP
A

azonie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But doesn't the smart cover only cover the screen. And not provide any protection for the body of the unit.

MelvynLoh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is a couple of $$ more when you could jolly well protect your beautiful screen .

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I put a Zagg InvisableShield on my iPad1 when I got it, front and back, and have always had it in a leather case but mine travels in my purse as I seem to work non stop. Although it's always been around dust (horse arena) I am pretty anal about making sure my gadgets are taken care of. There isn't a scratch or blemish on it. I am putting the Zagg HD InvisableShield on my New iPad, front and back, and putting it in a case to absorb the bumps it may take while it travels and hopefully have the same result as I did on my original iPad (still in like new condition).

Ron Jones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An anti-glare screen protector would be great for the new iPad, but I'm afraid it would degrade the display quality too much. Clear protectors should help protect the display and not degrade the display quality, but would not help with reflections in a bright environment.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do what you feel comfortable with, knowing how you use your gadgets.

There's always a risk of scratching without a screen protector, but I've never liked them.

I've gone through three iPhones, two iPods and three iPads without screen protection and have had no scratches. I'm not especially careful, and I use back-only TPU cases on all my iStuff. When they go out (which is often), they're tucked in a pocket or a netbook sleeve in my bag.

Jazzephaye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went and got ghost armor put on the back of my iPad. I'll use the smart cover to cover the front.

pb3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it helps any...

I purchased an iPad 2 screen protector from my local pound shop ($1 store for Americans). Brand is Signalex.

I've just fitted it and it works perfectly - To be honest I can't see any degradation in my iPad 3 screen quality so far.

Ever the cynic - I'd suggest that the vast majority of screen protectors, be they cheap or "high end", are probably manufactured in the same far east factory anyway.

I'd be delighted to be proven wrong! ;)

Ry2mkk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it helps any...

I purchased an iPad 2 screen protector from my local pound shop ($1 store for Americans).

this sucks...here in the uk were paying £1 and the American dollar converts to a lot less than £1... Grrr at the uk.

Back to the subject, I'd agree with you regarding the screen protectors I've never purchased one of these main brand screen films....they all seem over priced to me. As long as you apply it well - it does the job ! HURAH for Poundland and their cheap , sometimes useful stuff :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts