What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Case with built in screen protector recommendations

tinacap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for a case with a built in screen protector for my iPad 3. I would prefer not to use one of those screen protectors that you periodically have to replace. I have had them before for iPhones and have not been very happy with them. I was all set to happily buy a Otterbox, but have read such negative reviews re: distoration of the beautiful retina display that I am reconsidering having a built in screen protector type case and just going with more of a folio style that flaps over. Has anyone found that perfect case that protects the iPad 3 screen yet doesn't diminish the quality of the screen?

Thanks for your help!

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tinacap said:
Looking for recommendations for a case with a built in screen protector for my iPad 3. I would prefer not to use one of those screen protectors that you periodically have to replace. I have had them before for iPhones and have not been very happy with them. I was all set to happily buy a Otterbox, but have read such negative reviews re: distoration of the beautiful retina display that I am reconsidering having a built in screen protector type case and just going with more of a folio style that flaps over. Has anyone found that perfect case that protects the iPad 3 screen yet doesn't diminish the quality of the screen?

Thanks for your help!

I just bought the Survivor case (similar to ottoman) on eBay and I love it. Do a search on this forum for Survivor case and one of the threads has pictures of it.

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

taylor.sheridan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought the otterbox defender case for my new iPad and I love it, I see no difference with the retina display, it doesn't even look like there is a screen protector on it, so I would strongly suggest it to anyone looking for the best protection for their iPad!

seemo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with Taylor. The clarity through the screen protector is good. Does not affect the touch screen sensitivity. I have twins that are two and they crawl and play all over it with no problems. I even spank my dog with it when he is bad. Only on his rump of course. It does make it bulky though.(and heavy) absolutely love this case.

Most reactions