What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3: Screen protector

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirko86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi !

I bought my first iPad, an iPad 3, this week and since i was in the Apple Store (in Milano) I'm thiking about the usefulness of a screen-protector or a smart-cover.

Do you you any of them on your iPad 3?

My iPhone 4 has always had a screen-protector, becouse I think that a cellular is more exposed to screen scratches: example putting moneys in the same pocket of the iPhone.
But I don't know if a screen-protector can be useful even on a iPad 3.

What do you think ?

PS: I don't like the smart-cover. I think that it doesn't protect the screen, I think is unconfortable and finally I think that it can scratch the alluminium.

Krysta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi mirko!

Congrats first of all! You may get a lot of differing opinions on this, but I, personally, do use a screen protector. I am too scared to scratch this thing!! I don't know if I would get one through Apple, because I can imagine them being pretty expensive. I actually just bought my first one today at Target for about $20. It's as easy to install as most likely the one you use on your phone. So far so good for me! I know Best Buy also sells them, but they are like $50. but in all fairness to it, it does claim to be pretty much bullet proof :)

Hope this helps your decision...I totally think its worth the investment :)

Sent from my iPad 3

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never used a screen protector on my iPad 2 but decided to bit the bullet and put one on my new iPad. I opted for the expensive route by getting a Zagg cover put on front and back for $55 US. I do not know if they are available in Italy but if they are they are great and can be replaced anytime for only $10.

Docvan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a pack of 3 screen protectors from Amazon, but I was all thumbs when it came to getting one lined up properly, & when I did I couldn't get all the bubbles out that got trapped between the protector and the screen. So, I peeled the darn thing off and switched to using a capacitive stylus rather than my fingers.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi !

I bought my first iPad, an iPad 3, this week and since i was in the Apple Store (in Milano) I'm thiking about the usefulness of a screen-protector or a smart-cover.

Do you you any of them on your iPad 3?

My iPhone 4 has always had a screen-protector, becouse I think that a cellular is more exposed to screen scratches: example putting moneys in the same pocket of the iPhone.
But I don't know if a screen-protector can be useful even on a iPad 3.

What do you think ?

PS: I don't like the smart-cover. I think that it doesn't protect the screen, I think is unconfortable and finally I think that it can scratch the alluminium.

Hi there. Welcome to the Forum!

Since there are many, many discussions related to screen protectors...we are going to ask that you refer to the Google Search Results here:

Screen protector - Google Search

With this-we will now close this thread. Thank you and we appreciate your understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions