What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad running slowly

G.a.r.y

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The day out of the box for the 64gb iPad everything was lightning fast.

In two weeks, the iPad is slow, sluggish, mostly in downloading web pages and you tube videos.

You tube is so slow, the videos stop every three seconds to catchup.

Netflicks is impossible to use, will not keep up.

I have rebooted the unit, I have not reset any settings.

My iPhone is faster, and has not slowed down like the iPad has.

Help!

Time for an upgrade from apple?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try doing a full restore using iTunes all your data is protected.as it will be backed up Also one of the apps that is installed main be causing problems
Best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
Nah, a sluggish network would show on other attached wireless units. Its most likely an app thats hogging memory and doesnt tidy up after itself. Making everything else take forever, including communicating with the airportcard, ( or broadcomm, whatever they used! You get the idea!)

Or, how much memory do you have left? Like any computer if you rack it up to the limit, it will get sluggish.
:)

SocalMark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my 64gb everyday using some really memory hog apps and never has it showed a sign of slowing down, what type of router are you using?

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i never really had the problem of the unit running slow if the first place ..i just took off the about 30.gbs of music i had and put into the desktop for stowage.. i have one application that is about 5.gb that going onto the the unit and i want to make sure it ran fine before ..

i do not really have any movies or photos on the unit so iam ok there ..my big file on the unit was the music which is about 5gb of music in which i went through and picked the songs i wanted to stay and got rid of the others onto the desktop harddirve unit and second biggest is going to the be the new application i getting 5.gb and the third biggest applications are the dvd and librarty applications ..

Last edited:

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Since the slowing down is effecting downloading content, it sounds more like a network issues. You said you hadn't changed any settings, but have you checked to be sure they are all right? Re-boot the router, can help fix things even when it doesn't make since. Are you getting a strong WIFI signal when this happens?

Anyway, just some ideas..... Good luck.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I miss read the problem. It does sound like a net work issue. Can you try it at a wifi hot spot to see what happens ?

DanaTheEwok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I miss read the problem. It does sound like a net work issue. Can you try it at a wifi hot spot to see what happens ?

I tried mine (16gb) at Barnes and Noble on Saturday. It was PAINFULLY slow. When I use it at home with my router it is fine.

Dana

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com

I tried mine (16gb) at Barnes and Noble on Saturday. It was PAINFULLY slow. When I use it at home with my router it is fine.

Dana

More than likely NOT an iPad issue. It can only receive as fast as the network gives.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Dana

My experience with b&n wifi has always been pretty bad, there's usually 10 other pee cranking on it...last time I was there it couldn't even connect.

OP
G

G.a.r.y

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a low price d dlink.

Can you guys recommend a best router?

I think you guys might be right.

tigerbait1953

iPF Noob
Reaction score
router to get Airport Extreme

I've had D:Link, Netgear and multiple iterations of Linksys. Then I got an Apple Airport Extreme and have just forgotten about any issues with Wi Fi or local connectivity. Mac Pro, Macbook Pro, Ipod touch, Iphone, several PC desktop's (XP, Vista, Win 7)and laptops (same) and now iPad all work seemlessly together. Just turn on the devices and a moment later they are connected and on the internet after I type in my WPA2 password. It just works!!!!! Also got an Airport Express to extend my WIFI to very remote parts of the house and home theater. Two minute setup from any Mac or PC in the house.

Good luck.

lreyn330

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Dana

My also seems to be faster if I use wi fi instead of 3g what's with that?

Most reactions

Latest posts