What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 running sloooow after IOS upgrade

klocke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had issues with my iPad 2 running super slow after the IOS 8 upgrade. I have since upgraded to IOS 8.1 and the problems continue. I have stopped my apps running in the background, cleared the cache and history, changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8, powered it on and off several times and still have problems with it running really slow. Using Safari is virtually impossible as it takes seemingly forever to load and I might as well forget upgrading apps when needed. Any help to make it run faster would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

A new software has been released Recently: iOS 8.1.1. It should improve the performance of the iPad 2. If you haven't updated yet, do it, and use iTunes on your computer to update your device.

Make sure iTunes is up to date, backup your iPad and let iTunes update it. After updating, reset it: press Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both, the iPad will power up on it's own.

OP
K

klocke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

A new software has been released Recently: iOS 8.1.1. It should improve the performance of the iPad 2. If you haven't updated yet, do it, and use iTunes on your computer to update your device.

Make sure iTunes is up to date, backup your iPad and let iTunes update it. After updating, reset it: press Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both, the iPad will power up on it's own.

I have updated to iOS 8.1.1 but haven't done anything with iTunes. I will try that and see what happens. Thanks for your help!

Most reactions

Latest posts