What's new
Apple iPad Forum

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slow ipad??? please help before i trash it

donbrasco

iPF Noob
Joined
Jan 16, 2011
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
boston ma
i had this ipad for about 5months, the ipad ran very smooth with web pages opening very fast and you tube videos loading up with no lag and no stopping.

since last week, it started acting up last week not opening web pages and not loading you tubes videos all the way.

1.My safari browser and other browsers have problems loading pages most of the time.
the pages load up 25% and then it takes awhile before they continue to load.
Very slow.
i did clear the history/ cache and cookies. didnt help.

2.My you tube videos now load up to 15secs and then stops. then it takes awhile for them to continue to half way and stops again.i never had this problem before. Before videos would never stop and would load smoothly while playing the video.


also i did play with the dns server number. but cant figure with one is the best. my dns now is 208.67.222.222
My ipad is the 64gb one and has 30gbs free.
Also my ipad is J/b so i dont want to reset it so i dont lose my apps and info

i also have 2 year old ipod touch 8gb with only 1gb left on it and everything runs smoothly one it. web pages and youtube is always smooth and fast.no lag.

My co-worker got the Motorola Xoom and we were compare it in the office and everybody laugh at my ipad because of its speed. they sad the ipad is not worth the money. made me feel like i have a POS ipad.

What is this ipads problem? i am so mad at this that iam about to slam it against the floor and throw it in the recycle bin. its acting like a POS.

Please help. i need this to be fix cause i cant sleep. LOL
i want to go back to my co-worker and prove the ipad is better than the ZOOM.
What do you recommand?
what can be the problem?
what should i do?

thanks to all that reply
 

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Joined
Jan 17, 2011
Messages
644
Reaction score
21
Location
Quebec
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Once in a while, you have to reboot your iPad just to reset the memory usage. Some apps can do some leaking over time. You could try the google dns (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) just in case....

VicoPad addict!
 

While

iPF Noob
Joined
Mar 31, 2011
Messages
92
Reaction score
0
donbrasco said:
i had this ipad for about 5months, the ipad ran very smooth with web pages opening very fast and you tube videos loading up with no lag and no stopping.

since last week, it started acting up last week not opening web pages and not loading you tubes videos all the way.

1.My safari browser and other browsers have problems loading pages most of the time.
the pages load up 25% and then it takes awhile before they continue to load.
Very slow.
i did clear the history/ cache and cookies. didnt help.

2.My you tube videos now load up to 15secs and then stops. then it takes awhile for them to continue to half way and stops again.i never had this problem before. Before videos would never stop and would load smoothly while playing the video.

also i did play with the dns server number. but cant figure with one is the best. my dns now is 208.67.222.222
My ipad is the 64gb one and has 30gbs free.
Also my ipad is J/b so i dont want to reset it so i dont lose my apps and info

i also have 2 year old ipod touch 8gb with only 1gb left on it and everything runs smoothly one it. web pages and youtube is always smooth and fast.no lag.

My co-worker got the Motorola Xoom and we were compare it in the office and everybody laugh at my ipad because of its speed. they sad the ipad is not worth the money. made me feel like i have a POS ipad.

What is this ipads problem? i am so mad at this that iam about to slam it against the floor and throw it in the recycle bin. its acting like a POS.

Please help. i need this to be fix cause i cant sleep. LOL
i want to go back to my co-worker and prove the ipad is better than the ZOOM.
What do you recommand?
what can be the problem?
what should i do?

thanks to all that reply

Lol of course iPad I better then xoom , it's better then a pc .
Have you tried restoring it?
You can get pkgbackup from cydia and backup all your jb packages .the rest can be synced in iTunes .
By doing this you can even get the latest 4.3.1 OS .
 

Blackhart

iPF Noob
Joined
Mar 28, 2011
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
Do you know about double clicking home button to close back ground apps if to many are open it will slow down everything
 

Hasty

iPF Novice
Joined
Jun 2, 2010
Messages
2,266
Reaction score
22
Location
Location
Try the app Xsysinfo to free up memory. Was 99c the last I looked.
Easier than tapping all those x's.....
 

snoitan

iPF Noob
Joined
Apr 5, 2011
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
The easiest solution is to reboot the iPad by holding down the sleep/wake button for a few seconds.

Also, if you haven't plugged it into iTunes recently to get the latest update to the operating system, that's a good thing to do as well. (Your iPad will reboot while updating the iOS, so it's a two-for-one deal.)
 

Bshouseog

iPF Noob
Joined
Apr 10, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I have the exact same problem! It started when i downloaded the new update and now it seems like my ipad is a piece of crap! It used to run so smooth and fast and now it takes an hour to play a 3 min video clip (if it plays the clip at all). I've tried all of the recommendations with no luck. Im really disappointed with the sudden decline in performance, its almost a burden to use my ipad now...and thats something i never thought i could say. Please help.
 

Seadog

iPF Noob
Joined
Mar 25, 2010
Messages
2,522
Reaction score
52
Location
Oklahoma
If all else fails, a trip to the Apple Store's genius desk will do wonders. Try that with a Xoom.
 

peacebaby21

iPF Noob
Joined
Mar 17, 2011
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Max said:
If you're not using spotlight search, go into settings and turn off all of em. Indexing slows stuff down too...reboot after.

I've been looking throughout IPF and my iPad guide to find some info. re: Spotlight. No luck. I just can't find it or there IS a possibility I deleted it by accident when I first synced my iPad 1 a few months ago when my husband bought it for me. Could you please tell me if I'm supposed to be looking for something in particular? Or is it something I need to do in Settings? I appreciate any help you could give me. Thank you!
 

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Joined
Apr 28, 2011
Messages
6,970
Reaction score
446
Max said:
If you're not using spotlight search, go into settings and turn off all of em. Indexing slows stuff down too...reboot after.

I've been looking throughout IPF and my iPad guide to find some info. re: Spotlight. No luck. I just can't find it or there IS a possibility I deleted it by accident when I first synced my iPad 1 a few months ago when my husband bought it for me. Could you please tell me if I'm supposed to be looking for something in particular? Or is it something I need to do in Settings? I appreciate any help you could give me. Thank you!

You can't have deleted it.

Settings>General>Spotlight Search> then click all the options off
 

peacebaby21

iPF Noob
Joined
Mar 17, 2011
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Max said:
If you're not using spotlight search, go into settings and turn off all of em. Indexing slows stuff down too...reboot after.

I've been looking throughout IPF and my iPad guide to find some info. re: Spotlight. No luck. I just can't find it or there IS a possibility I deleted it by accident when I first synced my iPad 1 a few months ago when my husband bought it for me. Could you please tell me if I'm supposed to be looking for something in particular? Or is it something I need to do in Settings? I appreciate any help you could give me. Thank you!


Thanks so much for tending to my question so quickly. I've done what you suggested. Could you please tell me the point of spotlight and what the reason is for turning all the options off? It's appreciated! 
 

southpaw

iPF Noob
Joined
Mar 16, 2011
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Location
NJ
peacebaby21 said:
Thanks so much for tending to my question so quickly. I've done what you suggested. Could you please tell me the point of spotlight and what the reason is for turning all the options off? It's appreciated! 

Does Spotlight Search also use up battery power? I turned it on a couple of days ago, just for app searching and, maybe it is my imagination, but I think my battery life got worse.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF
 

MR1

iPF Noob
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
30
Reaction score
1
Location
CA USA
Amazingly I was also having slow problems. The instant fix for my was to finally upgrade my software. It now holds my wifi connection better and it flys.

Little things count.
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Top