What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Pro fails to load entire web page. Why?

argon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After using it for nearly a month, now I frequently (every other day?) find that as I open a web site, the iPad screen appears normal, but I find that when I scroll/ swipe upon visiting a different site that there is only the web page's background color with no design features or text; blank now within the pad's visible screen area. If I change web sites, the problem still exists. If I scroll, the pad's screen will slowly (5 seconds?) fill in, but scrolling again reveals that only the area within the pad's visible screen is filling in / loading, very slowly. The only way I can correct this is by shutting off the pad, then restarting it. Then all is well (can swipe & scroll & zip past several pad screens). Perhaps this might have something to do with the web site I'm visiting (?), as I'm OK if I stay with my usual sites. Anyway, it is a PITA to have to power down and then start up again when this happens. (I do tend to leave the pad on "sleeping" when I'm not actively using it, including overnight. Is there some setting that I can change to eliminate this problem?) (I have the 128GB model, Wi-Fi only.) (My wife's iPad Air has worked flawlessly for two years.) Anyone know what's going on? Is there some sort of pop-up or other web site feature that is crippling my iPad? Thanks.

PS - I forgot to add that if I open the bookmarks and then get a smaller viewable screen area (more narrow) there is no problem -- can scroll / swipe the entire web site without any interruption. , When I close the bookmarks column and return to the full size screen, then I have the problem again. Weird.

Last edited:

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
For some reason Safari has a crappy caching/ram issue. Its a well reported thing. The solution is to quit and reload.

Or.....

Get a free or cheap ad blocker. These seem to filter out tons of back end crap that slows Safari.

I use Purify. I never have any issues with sluggish Safari ever again.

Most reactions

Latest posts