What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pages not loading for my Apple I Pad II?

ecruRabbit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last night when I was trying to load a specific web page on my I Pad, I just got a dark screen with the website name (not full address, just name, at the top of the page). I waited longer than usual because the page had so much content and so many videos, but it never loaded. I tried refreshing the page, closing all other open programs, and restarting and returning to the site; yet, the webpage still will not open on my I Pad II tablet. What gives? Are there some specific apps I am needing for broader utilization of the I pad II? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as my computer is much like my automobile. I just know where to stick the key. If it doesn't work after that, I gotta' call somebody! But, at least I am doing my part toward job creation. : )

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is the web page Flash based? Flash won't play on the iPad. When you had the problem with this particular web page, did other web pages load normally?

OP
E

ecruRabbit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Is the web page Flash based? Flash won't play on the iPad. When you had the problem with this particular web page, did other web pages load normally?

Right, but I didn't have a problem any where else. The page I was trying to load was mrdeity.com. It's videos load and run find on YouTube on my tablet, so what am I missing. Thank you for your time and response.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ecruRabbit said:
Right, but I didn't have a problem any where else. The page I was trying to load was mrdeity.com. It's videos load and run find on YouTube on my tablet, so what am I missing. Thank you for your time and response.

I just tried it and it opened right up.

OP
E

ecruRabbit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ecruRabbit said:

CORRECTION--I do not think that page is flash based. I misspoke above when I said "right".

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ecruRabbit said:
I can't get to it on my tablet. R u going to you tube or what?

I just did a search for the site you mentioned, I didn't try YouTube.

OP
E

ecruRabbit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
--My I Pad 2 will not open a simple web page, and after refreshing over a dozen times, rebooting the entire system and restarting more than once, I am appealing to the technology gods for any advice or guidance. The tablet is an Apple II, that I have updated each time an update alert was issued. The website I need to go on is mrdeity.com, which works fine with my laptop, and is not flash driven or anything like that. I just need to figure out if there is a problem with my tablet or what to do. I know everyone is busy so any help would be so appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:
OP
E

ecruRabbit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
I just did a search for the site you mentioned, I didn't try YouTube.

Thanks for taking time out. I know everyone is busy, so I do appreciate your willingness to help.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried a hard reset of your iPad? Push and hold the home and power buttons simultaneously, releasing them only when the Apple logo appears. When the iPad turns back on, try the website again.

OP
E

ecruRabbit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Have you tried a hard reset of your iPad? Push and hold the home and power buttons simultaneously, releasing them only when the Apple logo appears. When the iPad turns back on, try the website again.

I did. No luck. Why would that 1 page not work on my tablet but work on my laptop? What am I missing? I guess there is a problem with my ipad.

runningbear29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would install another browser, I have three I use on my iPads. If then you can't reach a web site it might be a iPad problem. Sure you mean an Ipad2 the Apple II was the first Apple computer that was sold, I had one.

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I tried two iPad browsers and that site didn't work on either of them. It didn't work on Chrome on my Android tablet. It does work with The Boat Browser and Firefox on my Nexus 10, but both of these support flash, which I have installed. Note that on Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean), flash is not supported. I had to download it and install it on my own to get flash support. Flash is dead on mobile devices. Mrdeity would do well to move on to html5.

Last edited:
OP
E

ecruRabbit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
I tried two iPad browsers and that site didn't work on either of them. It didn't work on Chrome on my Android tablet. It does work with The Boat Browser and Firefox on my Nexus 10, but both of these support flash, which I have installed. Note that on Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean), flash is not supported. I had to download it and install it on my own to get flash support. Flash is dead on mobile devices. Mrdeity would do well to move on to html5.

Thank you so much for your time and attention looking into this. I have tried other browsers. I have Google, Google Chrome, and Safari installed and tried each with no luck. Now, are you saying that I need to install Flash and some other kind of browser that supports Flash? Thank you again for you help!

Most reactions

Latest posts