What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo albums disappeared on iPad Pro.

Northroad70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After the last update my photos changed and there was suddenly a sidebar that had all my albums listed. Now that is gone and it only opens "all photos" and only when it is in a vertical position. It won't open horizontally. If I have it open to "all photos" and click on the arrow at upper left which should take me to the album choices it just shuts off photos and reverts to the home screen. I can scroll through the "all photos" and all 12000 or so are there, but it would sure be nice to find my albums. The funny thing is it happened right after I charged up an old iPad 2 that I set aside 3 years ago when I bought the Pro. I'm tearing my hair trying to figure out what happened. Does anyone have any ideas?

OP
N

Northroad70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's funny I have the "Random Slideshow" app and everything shows up on that but not on "photos" app.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I can't duplicate what you are describing. Can you provide screenshots? Be sure to obscure any photos you don't want seen.

If it is being caused by something the iPad 2 did, I don't see how. The iPad 2 shouldn't even be able to sync the photo library. The only sharing it was capable of was Photo Stream and shared albums, which would not affect the main photo library or normal albums. Unless you mean an iPad Air 2, in which case it might do something (though I'm not sure what). In that case you might need to contact Apple Tech Support to solve the issue.

OP
N

Northroad70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad 2 already has quite a few of these photos in it. I don't do photo stream or shared albums so that's out. I'll see tomorrow if I can get a screen shot from my iPad to this Mac somehow. Sounds like I better call Apple Support. Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts