What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP! My ipad 3 is opening web pages on its own

Judas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had my iPad for about a month without issue. Within the past 48hrs it has been doing the following:

1. Whilst on google search (or other browsers) web pages are opening on their own without any action by me.
2. Again on google, web page scrolls to the top of the page after about 4 seconds unless I keep my finger on the pad.
3. Whilst on BBC app, I will be reading one story and the iPad will switch to another without prompt
4. On Netflix the volume and status bars constantly appear and disappear

Would really appreciate your help!

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You may have too many apps loaded in the background. You can check by double clicking on the (round) home button. The view of the screen will slide upward showing apps, if any, that are loaded and/or running in the background. You can close these apps by touching and holding one of the icons until they start to jiggle. A little round graphic with a minus sign will show up on the top left corner of the icon. If you touch this part of the icon the app will close and release memory that it is taking up. I have seen more than thirty apps running at one time. If you slide your finger toward the right in this lower area you will get to iPod controls and brightness control.
A second thing to try is to shut the iPad off and then turn it back on. Press and hold the top power button until the screen changes and a slide to power off slider appears. When you slide this slider the iPad will power off. To turn it back on you'll have to hold the power button for about two seconds. The Apple logo will show up on the screen as the iPad reloads the operating system and settings.
BTW, you didn't say if your iPad is jailbroken or not, unless I missed it. Being jailbroken would not cause these anomalies you are experiencing.
Good luck. Reply again if you need further clarification.

Sent from my iPad using iPF - Peace

OP
J

Judas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fid said:
You may have too many apps loaded in the background. You can check by double clicking on the (round) home button. The view of the screen will slide upward showing apps, if any, that are loaded and/or running in the background. You can close these apps by touching and holding one of the icons until they start to jiggle. A little round graphic with a minus sign will show up on the top left corner of the icon. If you touch this part of the icon the app will close and release memory that it is taking up. I have seen more than thirty apps running at one time. If you slide your finger toward the right in this lower area you will get to iPod controls and brightness control.
A second thing to try is to shut the iPad off and then turn it back on. Press and hold the top power button until the screen changes and a slide to power off slider appears. When you slide this slider the iPad will power off. To turn it back on you'll have to hold the power button for about two seconds. The Apple logo will show up on the screen as the iPad reloads the operating system and settings.
BTW, you didn't say if your iPad is jailbroken or not, unless I missed it. Being jailbroken would not cause these anomalies you are experiencing.
Good luck. Reply again if you need further clarification.

Sent from my iPad using iPF - Peace

Hi Fid. your help and advice is greatly appreciated. I followed your instructions and had about 25 apps running. Hopefully that will resolve he issue.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Fid. your help and advice is greatly appreciated. I followed your instructions and had about 25 apps running. Hopefully that will resolve he issue.
another thing you can try is a hard reset,hold down the sleep/wake button and the home button at the same time,ignore the slider and hold until the apple appears,let go and your device will reboot,this can fix many glitches.

OP
J

Judas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have to say I am still having some. Issues especially with he bbc website. Pages are opening by themselves. This occasionally happens on other sites too. Sometimes the web page zooms in and out randomly and scrolls up and down. Another annoying thing is that pages scroll to the top of the page when I am in the middle of reading something. Not being an expert I wonder if this is a website problem or a iPad issue? Oh yeh and my keypad sometimes flickers between the letters and numbers mode. The iPad is not jaibroken.

Most reactions

Latest posts