What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad not charging

bsamimi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

When I try to charge my iPad it says not charging. Does any know a fix to this?

Thanks

xImtx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you charging it through the computer? If so it could be your usb, if yours isn't strong enough it will say that. It's still charging however but at a very slow rate. Try plugging it in through a wall outlet.

OP
B

bsamimi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your response. I am currently charging it from a wall outlet and getting that message.

xImtx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hm... Perhaps a faulty port connector. I've heard of some people having to deal with those. You can try a new cord first since that would be cheaper however if that doesn't work it probably is something internal. Did you try rebooting it?

ajricaud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By chance are you using the cord that came w. an Ipod? They look the same but an Ipod cord doesn't work properly w/an Ipad.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
ajricaud said:
By chance are you using the cord that came w. an Ipod? They look the same but an Ipod cord doesn't work properly w/an Ipad.

Why? I have a cable from an iPod 2004 and it works fine with an iPad, syncing or charging, What doesn't work properly?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you for your response. I am currently charging it from a wall outlet and getting that message.

Hello Bsamimi - are you using the charger that came w/ the iPad? The cord that connects the wall charger w/ the dock on the iPad (or iPod for that matter) makes no difference.

However, the iPad charger puts out 10W of power (vs. 5W for the iPod wall charger); also if you are using the iPad charger and still do not receive a charging signal, plug it into another electrical wall outlet just as a test.

Let us know if any of these suggestions help or provide further information - good luck - :)

OP
B

bsamimi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all for your help/response I changed the cord and it charged. Everyone here is SO helpful thanks again:)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
bsamimi said:
Thank you all for your help/response I changed the cord and it charged. Everyone here is SO helpful thanks again:)

Glad that you were able to charge your iPad! Please let us know if you first used the 10W iPad charger? If so, then your connection USB cord was likely defective - check it out - just a suggestion; glad that your situation worked out!

Most reactions

Latest posts