What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

guyfriedman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi, i bought a blue ipad air 256gb no sim at the 27th of novvember 2023 (pretty much brand new), and about 3 weeks ago my Ipad suddenly decided that it doesnt want to charge.
i tried connecting it to a ugreen wall adapter, power bank, regular wall adapter, the original wall adapter and an apple laptop wall adapter, but it would only take charge from my macbook pro.
i tried turning the ipad off and on again, forcing restart and even erasing all settings.
the only thing that worked was letting the ipad battery drain out completely and then it accepted charge from an outlet but only for a day until it started making problems again.
now when i try to charge it, either it doesnt want to charge at all, or it charges for a bit and then doesnt accept any charge, or if it charges for a bit and i disconnect the charger, the charging logo remains on for a solid 20 to 30 seconds after i disconnect my ipad.
now its to the point that even my macbook doesnt always charge the ipad.

any suggestuons?

p.s. i noticed the problems started to appear a bit after i turned on low battery mode for the first time, i dont know if its related or not.
also throughout he whole time, if the ipad was turned off and then i connected it to the charger, it would turn on but as soon as it was on it would not accept any charge (other than from my mac)ןפשג

Snapshot2020

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi, i bought a blue ipad air 256gb no sim at the 27th of novvember 2023 (pretty much brand new), and about 3 weeks ago my Ipad suddenly decided that it doesnt want to charge.
i tried connecting it to a ugreen wall adapter, power bank, regular wall adapter, the original wall adapter and an apple laptop wall adapter, but it would only take charge from my macbook pro.
i tried turning the ipad off and on again, forcing restart and even erasing all settings.
the only thing that worked was letting the ipad battery drain out completely and then it accepted charge from an outlet but only for a day until it started making problems again.
now when i try to charge it, either it doesnt want to charge at all, or it charges for a bit and then doesnt accept any charge, or if it charges for a bit and i disconnect the charger, the charging logo remains on for a solid 20 to 30 seconds after i disconnect my ipad.

any suggestuons?

p.s. i noticed the problems started to appear a bit after i turned on low battery mode for the first time, i dont know if its related or not.
also throughout he whole time, if the ipad was turned off and then i connected it to the charger, it would turn on but as soon as it was on it would not accept any charge (other than from my mac)ןפשג
can’t you return it to where bought? Also have you checked the cable and charger?

OP
G

guyfriedman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can’t you return it to where bought? Also have you checked the cable and charger?
I tried chamnging multiple chargers and cables, they didnt wor kwhile connected to a charging block but they did work while connected to my mac.
and yes, I can have it taken to a reapair shop and returned through the warranty, but I am a student and I use it for writing in lecturs, so I want to see if there is a simpler solution with less down-times first, before I have it taken for a minimum of a week

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If there is an Apple Sore close enough to visit, you could have it checked out at the Genius Bar. They’ll run a full diagnostic on the iPad, cable and charger to see exactly where the problem is. This doesn’t take long and can be done while you wait. Genius Bar appointments are free.

OP
G

guyfriedman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If there is an Apple Sore close enough to visit, you could have it checked out at the Genius Bar. They’ll run a full diagnostic on the iPad, cable and charger to see exactly where the problem is. This doesn’t take long and can be done while you wait. Genius Bar appointments are free.
thanks! ill try it!

OP
G

guyfriedman

iPF Noob
Reaction score

any suggestuons?

also throughout he whole time, if the ipad was turned off and then i connected it to the charger, it would turn on but as soon as it was on it would not accept any charge (other than from my mac)
update for anyone from the future with a similar/ same problem : I took my Ipad to the apple store, he force restarted the ipad and then turned assistive touch off and back on again.
for now the issue seems to be sovled (since yesterday). (weird that it didnt work when I reset all of my settings but nevermind)
will update if the issue comes back.

Most reactions

Latest posts