What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad keeps crashing since last update.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I had this issue recently with certain new games. App would start to load and quit over and over. Also happening in some other non game apps. Having read forum I tried to shutdown running apps ( hold down on apps list and delete running apps with - sign. I had over 20 apps running!!!

They were not running. The list in the multitask bar does not tell you what apps are running, or even in memory. It only tells you what apps you've used since the last time you cleared it.

Here are my current favorite links on the subject, if you are interested.

Fraser Speirs - Blog - Misconceptions About iOS Multitasking
Fraser Speirs - Blog - iOS Multitasking in Detail

Dpaul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since IOS update all applications causing crash within 30 seconds and back to home screen. Appears to be no remedy.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Since IOS update all applications causing crash within 30 seconds and back to home screen. Appears to be no remedy.

If a standard reset isn't working (hold down the home and power buttons until you see the Apple logo), some people have had luck using Reset All Settings (Settings > General > Reset: Reset All Settings).

When it happens it can be a bit intimidating, but don't panic. The progress bars are normal, and you will have to choose your language, region, and other stuff again. Choose the as New iPad option; Don't worry about your apps, data, or account settings. Those will remain. You will have to go through all the other settings and re-tweak things back to what you want.

I did this yesterday, with no problems other than the methodical review of all my settings mentioned. I chose to restore from a backup the first time, and while that caused even less problems, it took a long time. Also, if I'd had a problem it would have been less likely to fix it, since it might have just restored the problem along with the other settings.

Oh, and be careful to make sure you hit the right choice. The Erase all option just below it will cause unnecessary stress and aggravation.

I don't guarantee this will work, but trying it shouldn't do any harm. Good luck.

SquiderDragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for info and I guess makes sense. The actions I took did seem to fix my issue e.g. I could not run the Trivial Pursuit game app at all - kept loading then cancelling to home screen. Possibly the rest was what helped.

SquiderDragon

Undefined.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad that I haven't updated then..

I cant anyway - Laptop has no room and won't let me update iTunes to update my iPad. Quite confusing:).

Wish you could update via the iPad.

adbgrrrl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are the ONLY one who had the right answer to fix my iPad. I even brought it to the Apple store and they did not know what to do and gave me a new iPad. Its such a simple solution. I don't know why more threads don't suggest it. You are now my iPad hero.

Most reactions