What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad keeps crashing since last update.

jabbajaw13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there my names is Cheryl & I've had my iPad 4 ova a year now, but after this last update everytime I'm playing something or on FB or just on the net it keeps crashing on me & I can't figure out why..can someone please help me out??

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome, Cheryl!

Until someone can chime in with other suggestions, try this:

Hold the power button and the home button down at the same time until you see the Apple logo. Approx 10 seconds or so. Let it reboot. See if this helps!

OP
J

jabbajaw13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Welcome, Cheryl!

Until someone can chime in with other suggestions, try this:

Hold the power button and the home button down at the same time until you see the Apple logo. Approx 10 seconds or so. Let it reboot. See if this helps!

Thanx 4 that I'll give it a try & let u no how I go with it, :)

OP
J

jabbajaw13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do this all the time as I no having alot open can cause that, thanx 4 that but it doesn't seem 2 b the problem, thanx again

OP
J

jabbajaw13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's still crashing after trying this, I'm at a loss, I don't no wat 2 do!! Oh well hopefully someone else may have an idea about it, thanx again :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi there my names is Cheryl & I've had my iPad 4 ova a year now, but after this last update everytime I'm playing something or on FB or just on the net it keeps crashing on me & I can't figure out why..can someone please help me out??

What do you mean by playing something on FB? Just curious.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suspect the OP may be experiencing problems with Safari. When she says the iPad keeps crashing, I suspect she means that Safari is crashing. If so, this is a widely reported problem that does not seem to have a user-initiated solution. Theories abound, but my guess is that opening multiple tabs in Safari may be the main culprit.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Could be. I'm not having any real problems with Safari, but I do tend to be conservative with my tabs. If I"m not actively using them, I close them.

iOS 5 does seems a bit more crash prone than 4.3. Not a lot, but I do find myself having to open apps a second time and/or removing them from RAM a bit more often. Hopefully the next update will take care of that, or maybe it's the apps themselves not being as iOS 5 ready as they claim.

It's always a problem with major updates; which is why I usually wait. But this time I just had to have the new stuff. :D

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agreed, my iPad also seems a bit more "crashy" on iOS 5, but I like the new features. I tend to keep tabs or open apps to a minimum to reduce the new "twitchy" behavior.

Sent from my iPod touch using iPF

Rwattersjr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the exact same problem with Safari after the iOS upgrade. I think that Safari closes unexpectedly when I try to scroll down a web page before it has completed loading.

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Same here on the iPad 1. One thing I noticed is when playing a game, if the notification center shows me that I got a new email, everything slows downs for a few secs, and quite often, the game will crash. Actually not just games, Safari did crashed also...

I am currently checking the different behaviors with and without gestures... But I think I'll do the same with and without the notification center...

I disabled the gestures for a few days and all was good. Then enabled them again, and it's been 5 days and starting to have to random crash again...

VicoPad addict!

SquiderDragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this issue recently with certain new games. App would start to load and quit over and over. Also happening in some other non game apps. Having read forum I tried to shutdown running apps ( hold down on apps list and delete running apps with - sign. I had over 20 apps running!!!

I also reset the iPad after closing the apps (hold home and on/off). Since the reset the problem non starting or unexpected quit apps are now ok. Hope this helps anyone with similar problems.

SquiderDragon

Most reactions