What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad is Great, iTunes is not.

lazyUser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I fully agree, love my iPad2, hate having to even have to know about the existence of Itunes just because I want to copy pics from my PC to the iPad.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Im not a big fan of the iTunes app either. Trying to sync photos and especially delete them from my iPad has been an incredible test of patience for me. Yuk.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But once you've upgraded to iOS5 you'll never need to use it again!!!

Tim

I've been looking forward to that. But from what I can tell (and I may be very confused) I'll have to rely on iCloud in its place. And I simply haven't had the time or patience to tell if my life will improve in that case. Am I hopelessly confused here?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been looking forward to that. But from what I can tell (and I may be very confused) I'll have to rely on iCloud in its place. And I simply haven't had the time or patience to tell if my life will improve in that case. Am I hopelessly confused here?

Yes, I'm wondering about this, too.

I've just updated two of three iPads to iOS 5 and have wasted time unscrambling apps that iTunes or the cloud scrambled for no apparent reason. One iPad was scrambled, another was only partly scrambled. I'd synched and backed up both to iTunes before upgrading. If iTunes were a piñata, I'd happily take a stick to it.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:

Kaykaykay said:
Yes, I'm wondering about this, too.

I've just updated two of three iPads to iOS 5 and have wasted time unscrambling apps that iTunes or the cloud scrambled for no apparent reason. One iPad was scrambled, another was only partly scrambled. I'd synched and backed up both to iTunes before upgrading. If iTunes were a piñata, I'd happily take a stick to it.

Well at the very least you have an option now, can't be a bad thing......can it?

The Archangel

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well at the very least you have an option now, can't be a bad thing......can it?

The Archangel

The option to have my apps scrambled by the cloud or USB/wi-fi? That's really a stretch for looking on the bright side, lol.

brasal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are right. I pad 2. Is wonderful . I tunes no so good.

lazyUser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agree, I don't like iTune and I can't use iCloud because of a bug. On the iCloud window of Control Panel I check only Photo Stream. When I click Apply I get an Outlook Setup error.
I contacted Apple support in early October, after over 2 hours of waiting and talking at the phone they gave me a Case Number but I have not heard from them.

SoloPilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The idea that you have to have a special program just to swap files is insane.

If there was an equally-powerful Android version of the aviation program that I needed this for in the first place, I'd be outta here so fast the air would crackle. Android pads are cheaper and if you plug one into any computer with a USB port, it thinks the Android is a drive -- you don't have to load software (which can be a problem on a shared computer, school computer, work computer, library computer, friend's computer, computer running non-Apple or non-Windoze OS, older computer without a lot of empty drive space, etc).

iTunes is an obstacle between the computer and the iPad, turning a simple, 1-minute task into five minutes worth of administrative annoyance. I am so disgusted with it that I will not buy another Apple product which can't be seen as a plug-and-play drive on a computer that has no special software.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SoloPilot said:
The idea that you have to have a special program just to swap files is insane.

If there was an equally-powerful Android version of the aviation program that I needed this for in the first place, I'd be outta here so fast the air would crackle. Android pads are cheaper and if you plug one into any computer with a USB port, it thinks the Android is a drive -- you don't have to load software (which can be a problem on a shared computer, school computer, work computer, library computer, friend's computer, computer running non-Apple or non-Windoze OS, older computer without a lot of empty drive space, etc).

iTunes is an obstacle between the computer and the iPad, turning a simple, 1-minute task into five minutes worth of administrative annoyance. I am so disgusted with it that I will not buy another Apple product which can't be seen as a plug-and-play drive on a computer that has no special software.

I have to agree with this. iTunes is a nuisance at best. Dropbox and some other apps do make it easier to avoid but at some point you're gonna have to play in the iTunes space and I don't like it one bit. YUK!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't get the suffering over iTunes. I use it maybe once or twice a year. It's not an issue.

And cablets are so 2000ish.

Most reactions

Latest posts