What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad in-store pick up list

stevegm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those who reserved for in-store pick up, can you post where you are picking up (which Apple store), and if you plan to wait in line before hand. I am also wondering when I should go out to get in line?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah this is gonna be pretty insane, I would get there at about 5am if you want to be sure to get it by 3pm ;)

hendjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I am there before 3:00 to pick up the 2 that I reserved some time ago they better have them for me regardless of how long it takes for them to actually put them in my hands. If there is a line of people with reservations like me that delays delivery to me until after 3:00 then that is the store's problem for not serving the customers in a timely manner. False advertising otherwise.

I would expect that Apple would organize things in a customer friendly manner and not make the launch event a bad public relations event for any customer but particularly the new Apple customers that the Ipad may bring in.

iserian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not interested in waiting in lines for a reserved unit - I plan to show up late in the afternoon - before three but I'm not stressing it. I have no need of an Ipad at 9:AM on Saturday - COB will do just fine.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it becomes a circus, I expect that there will be two lines. One for those who want to buy but did not pre-order. The second line(s) would be those with a pre-order that will have to wait to pay. That would likely be chained off from the casual customers and you will have to have an order slip to get in. Once 3:00 PM hits, they will close the entry and finish serving those still in line. They will make every effort to accomodate those who did pre-buy, but they will have to strict about enforcement of the time rule. The numbers do give some support to an estimated average of 1800 pre-orders per store. That would mean processing around 300 per hour. Even if every sales person could handle a customer every five minutes, that would take 25 registers going. It will be very interesting to see how chaotic it gets, but I would not want to be waiting in line.

Last edited:

Isaac Newton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
San Antonio, Texas - La Cantera...I'll be there sipping coffee at the employee coffee machine 3hrs before the employees get there! :D

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I reserved for Partridge Creek in Clinton Township, MI. I am planning on getting there around 8.

Snoopyto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I made a mistake in thinking I was going to Orlando on that day, but could not cancel my preorder. I had reserved in Tampa, so not sure where I am going to be.

Liz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got mine reserved at the Florida Mall in Orlando. I think I'm going to get there around 8ish.

CanonicalKoi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Southcenter Mall, Tukwila, WA. Probably between 7 and 8 after I call and confirm that they're opening at 9am and not their normal 10am.

OP
S

stevegm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When to get in line?

Anyone have any suggestions on when I should get in line to pick up iPad?

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While waiting in line, be sure to mention iPadForums.net :) Help us spread the word!!

Most reactions

Latest posts