What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Store Pick-up + Cases in stock to Boot *PIC*

digitalbits6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered a case with my iPad on March 12. I just got the UPS case tracking number on Friday with a delivery date of April 9th. My iPad was delivered just before 10am today. But I went to the Apple Store to pickup my Store reserved one and the Apple Store had lots of cases flying off the shelves. So I got one to protect my iPad for my trip on Monday. Apple we selling lots of accessories with the iPads - cases, skins, Apple Care, Mobile Me, wireless keyboards, dock (but no combo keyboard dock)

The Apple Store has 175 people in line at the 9am store opening. I understand that they were still selling 2 hours later after clearing the first 175 - 200 people, many with reservations.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suspect that they allocated so many to the stores and they were all bundled in crates. The accessories probably shipped to the stores weeks ago and were held at warehouses, so they were not going to be able to split things up to make the pre-order group happy.

OK, my day was planned without my wife taking any desires of mine to go to an Apple store. We had a family dinner this afternoon in OKC and about 3:30 the wives start talking shopping. So the computer familar BIL and I decide to go the Penn Square for a check out. Trying to find a parking space was almost impossible, but Penn is often like that. We finally decided to just leave, when I spied a car pulling out of a choice spot......of course, we were on the other side of the mall from the Apple store. We got to the store and no lines to get in. Just about three or four greeters. The store was busier than I have ever seen it. They also had rearranged things since the last time I was there. Looks like they made more room for display tables and wall racks.

There were a number of iPads there and lots of people trying them out, but still a lot of iphone, iMac, and MacBook customers. And lots of help from Apple techs. I got an impression that many of the kids that were there, came to check out the iPad, and then got to looking at the iPod Touch and iPhone. Which makes more sense from their point of view. It could be that not only will they sell a bunch of iPads, but also a lot of Touch/iPhones.

After a good deal of hands-on experience, I liked what I saw and could do. There are some issues that will need to be dealt with over the next few months, but what else is new. Even though the store models had been on all day, they were not even very warm. I am anxious to get my hands on my 3G version. They also had lots of accessories in stock, including plenty of the cases. They had several cases and bags from other companies. One that was a variation on the iPad case, looked nice, but was twice the price. The only thing they did not have was any camera connection kits.

I talked to the techs a bit, and they said they still had plenty of iPads left, but they were surprised because most of them were 16G models. One idiot, when I asked about the 3G models said that it would be about a month. When I said that even the international buyers would have them on the 24th, he said that maybe they will have them then.

There will be a lot of gadgets coming out to support the iPad. It is going to be an interesting year ahead.

DanaNgidhu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah im annoyed my case won't ship for 2 weeks!!! I might have to run over to the apple store or best buy tom to see if I can get one and cancel my case order.

I had ordered a case too, but it will not ship until the 20th of April. Best Buy in Alexandria will not case accessories until next Friday, the 9th. I went to the Apple store at Pentagon City and they had plenty. Got a nice leather one that folds and props. $59.00 plus tax.

Dana

OP
I

iserian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know how many apple produced. It's easy to do a nintendo sham wii sell out but without knowing how many units were available it's hard to say.

OP
I

iserian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah im annoyed my case won't ship for 2 weeks!!! I might have to run over to the apple store or best buy tom to see if I can get one and cancel my case order.

I had ordered a case too, but it will not ship until the 20th of April. Best Buy in Alexandria will not case accessories until next Friday, the 9th. I went to the Apple store at Pentagon City and they had plenty. Got a nice leather one that folds and props. $59.00 plus tax.

Dana

Must be a third party case at 59 - who makes it and how does it compare to the apple one?

Most reactions

Latest posts