What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reserve and Pick Up Ipad2 in NYC

Giux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'll be in NYC in June for my honeymoon and I try the on - line reservation and pick up the Ipad2 at the store but its all ever unavailable at store in NYC...so...what's wrong?

Do I need to try at 09.00 PM (local time NYC) the on line reservetion?

Therefore if I reserve it now (May) can I pick up it at the store in June?

Or simply it is in stock at the store and can I buy it without reservation?

Thank you very much. :)

Panther61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just received my IPAD2 from the Apple online store. There is an Apple store 10 miles from my home but in Delaware. Apple told me that they do not know when and what type and how many IPADS are scheduled to be delivered to their store. Apparently you have to try to get to the store early and wait and see. You would probably have to do this for several days. Probably not the best way to spend your honeymoon.
There are several reputable Apple dealers in NYC that perhaps you can email first and ask them if they can take an advance order and you could pick it up next month?
Look at J&R Music world and B&H Photo. Please e-mail me if you need more stores to contact and enjoy your honeymoon!

OP
G

Giux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So...anyone also reserve and pick up ipad2 at the store? :confused:

OP
G

Giux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look at J&R Music world and B&H Photo. Please e-mail me if you need more stores to contact and enjoy your honeymoon!

I just sent an email to B&H Photo (Sales Department) for taking an advance order and pick it up next month..I'm waiting an answer...thanks. ;)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I just sent an email to B&H Photo (Sales Department) for taking an advance order and pick it up next month..I'm waiting an answer...thanks. ;)

But make sure you pay enough attention to your spouse and not too much attention to the iPad...:D

Tim

OP
G

Giux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP
G

Giux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bad news from B&H Photo...they do not have an estimate as to when that version of the iPad 2 will be in stock, and can not guarantee an availability date for me. :(

Panther61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Giux sorry you were unable to work things out with B&H. Please do try to contact J&R Music world. I did some research on your behalf and discovered that at some Apple NYC locations people are camping out with the intent of re-selling or re-selling overseas. Not good news! There seems to be plenty of Apple Stores in NYC or you can see if Best Buy is in NYC or Target. I know that Toys R Us is in Times Square you can try there. Also Radio Shack too. After B&H and J&R, all I can think of are these chain stores I previously mentioned. Good luck!

OP
G

Giux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Giux sorry you were unable to work things out with B&H. Please do try to contact J&R Music world. I did some research on your behalf and discovered that at some Apple NYC locations people are camping out with the intent of re-selling or re-selling overseas. Not good news! There seems to be plenty of Apple Stores in NYC or you can see if Best Buy is in NYC or Target. I know that Toys R Us is in Times Square you can try there. Also Radio Shack too. After B&H and J&R, all I can think of are these chain stores I previously mentioned. Good luck!

J&R doesnt know when ipad2 will be in stock...they have a customer waiting for 2 months... :(

I'll try more store and say you how is the situation...I just sent email to "Radio Shack" and "Toys R"

Last edited:

Vince

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also for me...

...a really interesting topic.
I'll be in NY in mid June for a few days before I start travelling the US for 6 weeks. I plan to pick up a Ipad 2 in NY as a companion...

Is it really still that hard to buy an IPad 2 in NY ? Any estimations on how big my odds are to get one in a shop early morning by lineing up ?

chazmink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vince,
No one can give you an accurate probability of success. That said, availability seems to be loosening up. I got my wife a late Mother's Day iPad from J&R. I ordered on a Tuesday and had it on Thursday. In NYC places to consider besides the four Apple Stores include J&R and B&H. I think you have a good shot.

Also, Best Buy inventory is improving. Check www.ooschecker.com with zip code 10012.

Good luck.
Charlie

Last edited:
OP
G

Giux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vince,
No one can give you an accurate probability of success. That said, availability seems to be loosening up. I got my wife a late Mother's Day iPad from J&R. I ordered on a Tuesday and had it on Thursday. In NYC places to consider besides the four Apple Stores include J&R and B&H. I think you have a good shot.

Also, Best Buy inventory is improving. Check www.ooschecker.com with zip code 10012.

Good luck.
Charlie

Good link...thanks a lot. :)

No good news from "Radio Shack" and "Toys R"...all ipad2 are out of stock and no reservation... :(

Sadly the only chance to get one ipad2 is trying at the store when I ll be in NY...because no store gives me the possibility to reserve it.

Most reactions