What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad in car

stlunatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
whats up guys, first post. im interested in using the ipad ion my car to stream music. my current headunit has a usb input that i currently use for my ipod. would i be able to plus music through the ipad the same way? i noticed they use the same connector. thanks!

mrpunch0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used mine this way with no problems.
But I prefer to use an iPod or the iPhone because of their size.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have the answer for you, but welcome to the forum - from Wentzville.

OP
S

stlunatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello, i am from st. charles. i have not actually got an ipad yet, just trying to make sure it will work for what i want it to.

to mrpunch, so you basically can use the ipad as an oversized ipod and use the usb as an output? ive seen a lot of setups where the ipad actually replaces the radio, but i want to use it as a source to send to my current radio, rather then using just the ipad. thanks for your response

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdAkKKxOvu4&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - iPad Steering Wheel Mount Product Demonstration[/ame]

OP
S

stlunatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
now what happens when you get in an accident and your airbag goes off?

mikestoolz, do you have an aftermarket radio? what kind

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Note to Sonny Burnett

Thank you!! That YouTube posting was priceless. I work for a company that is considering equipping our trucks with 3G ipads and this is a perfect safety video to add to the training sessions!

Wait...this isn't a real accessory?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome STLunatic. I'm pretty sure that other video was a joke, but there are plenty of kits, and some have engine diagnostic info inside.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApSeFHJQbHA]YouTube - iPad Custom Car Mounts Overview[/ame]

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity how many people here drive Subarus? I would think that they would be developing mounting kits for more common cars like Toyota Camary's.

OP
S

stlunatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
does anyone know where i can find the scosche i-kit? ive heard a lot of people talking about it but nobody selling it

and why does it have the usb slot plus a 3.5 mm jack if you can use just the usb?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts