What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad forum app, why does it always miss off the first letter in the post?

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also I've been having a few issues with connection error prompts coming up on the app but it doesn't seem to be any errors? When I was uploading pictures earlier I got a message saying the plug in used in the app may be outdated and I should contact the administrator. Is it just on mine or does anyone else get these issues. Apart from that I love the app! Thanks

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not certain about that, therealriley...I use the app, but primarily use the browser to get onto the forum.

Have you tried to do the usual closing Of apps and restart, reset, deleted reinstall?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a limit to the size of the picture that can be uploaded. I haven't figured out yet what the file size is, but if you exceed it, the forum software throws the plugin error.

OP
therealriley

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe it's to do with that then because I was uploading pics. I think my connection error must be my 3G. And it's an intermittent problem with connection errors, resets don't make a difference. The first letter missing though is not a problem I always correct i just noticed other post dont always notice it, so you can tell who's using the app. Still I do like the app, just wondered if it was just on mine. Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is a limit to the size of the picture that can be uploaded. I haven't figured out yet what the file size is, but if you exceed it, the forum software throws the plugin error.

I'm pretty sure the iPF app downsizes pictures before it sends them; other wise I would't be able to send those 5 MP pictures straight off my camera roll. They are definitely smaller when they arrive on the site, at any rate.

I've noticed the the forum's servers get laggy now and then. The browser/website is fairly tolerant of this (most of the time). The the app doesn't like it at all, and most of my errors occur during these time periods (usually not more than a few minutes long).

It took a bit to find the max file sizes, but the tiny help button in the attachment dialog got me this. Zip files (the one type not shown) were 19.07 KB, if memory servers).

MaxFileSz.jpg.jpg

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks twerppoet. I figured it was something less than 2Mb for images, but wasn't sure. That makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts