What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes does not recognize iPad

hollis3636

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both my wife's iPad and mine are having same problem.

1. iPad mini2 on Win10 computer. I-tunes does not recognize iPad, although computer does. [message that iPad is not charging; device manager see it; says most updated drivers are installed]
This is my iPad. I don't have an error code, just no connection, no device showing on iTunes.
I went to this link If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod
I followed all instructions without success. [some other sites said to be sure to download new iTunes from Apple not Microsoft. however, the apple link takes you to Microsoft ???]
At this point I decided to check on my wife's iPad and computer.

2. iPad mini2 on Win7 computer. Only difference is on her machine, when the iPad is plugged in tehre is error code oXE800001c Following all the above directions, I still can't get iTunes to recognize either.

Again, with both machines; I unlocked my iPad went to home screen;uninstalled and re-installed itunes;installed most recent version of iTunes on computers; iPad is turned on; clicked 'Trust' this computer;tried pluggging in USB cable to each of different ports on computers restarted computer and iPads. Only thing that sort of worked is connecting iPads to different [3fd] machine. They were recognized on it. It is a Win 7 machine.
Any ideas on how to get them recognized?

Most reactions

Latest posts