What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad as a Tool for Pro Photographers

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah it takes awhile but you really only have to do it once. When I have big projects like that (say, converting a bunch of videos or something) I usually just leave my computer on all night. Otherwise it's like watching a pot of water boil, if you get my drift.

alspad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad makes for a nice display if you don't have too much light hitting the screen, forget about using it outside in daylight if you want you photos to display the way you processed them. Light hitting the screen is going to change the brightness/contrast no matter how much you play with the brightness and auto setting in settings. I shoot with a Canon 5D Mark II, "L" series lenses, and process all my RAW photos in Adobe CS5. The iPad screen is no match for a high end desktop monitor, that is not to say that you can't make your photos look good on the iPad screen. With a little work in your editing software reprocessing your photos you can crank out some nice photos to display on the iPad. The iPad screen has some issues with high contrast areas in photos resulting in the screen producing dark areas where there should be areas of mid-tones. Photos that are well lit and properly processed should look great but as soon as you get into less than ideally lit photos or photos with shaded areas they are not going to display the way they ought to.

I don't intend on using my iPad to upload photos on a shoot given the size of my photo files, especially when I shoot in HDR using five shots to produce one photo. I use a sixteen inch Dell Studio XPS in the field.

One of the reasons I purchased the iPads is to display my portfolio of photos and it looks like the iPad is going to do a reasonably good job of doing that.

If you want some awesome photos to display on your iPad or desktop visit InterfaceLift, they have a fair number of 1024 x 1024 photos that you can download InterfaceLIFT: Wallpaper sorted by Date

iTazm0n

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be nice to have a camera attachment on the iPad ?

Would be great to have a 10MP, 28mm/F1.8L USM lens with a 9.7" LCD Live-View screen instead of a 3" LCD :D

One that can just be plugged into the 30-Pin connector without any cables.

Wish someone will invent something like that.
They're trying- The First iPad Webcam Is a Sad Sight

500x_ipadwebcam-sg.jpg

At least it's a start. I like yours better :D

Most reactions

Latest posts