What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad APPS saving on Windows PC question.

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all.

A new kid here in every sense of the word as far as anything related to iPad is concerned so I hope I am doing this correctly :eek:
I have been reading every thing that I can lay my hands on relating to my questions but while some do go partway in answering, most answers seem to skirt around the subject, so here goes.

If I buy an App through iTunes, can I download it and save it on my Windows PC, *(OS Windows 7 Ultimate) and install from there?

Can I install it from there multiple times if need be?

Can I share this App with my son's iPad should he want a copy? Sadly at the present point of time all he does is surf the net and play free games.

Regards

Project37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to have iTunes installed on your pc and then yes you can have a copy of all your apps on the pc. You can share these apps with your kids or any of your apple devices provided the pc iTunes and all you apple devices all share the same account. When you hook any of your devices to the pc you can then chose what apps you want to sync to that device. On iTunes you can download purchases that you have made on any of your apple devices as well.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, yes you can download apps directly from iTunes onto your pc then transfer them to your iDevices. The only reason I see doing this is if you wanted an app for your son that you did not want on you iPad. Even though you can just delete unwanted apps from yours.

OP
Janset

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all

Thank for the info. One more question relating to this subject.

Can a guest hook up to my PC and also share that PC stored App?

Regards

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No,the apps can only be shared among devices which share the same Apple user ID.

Bdrich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but what steps do you use to get them on to your Ipad. I have many save to my itunes on the computer, but can't figure out how to get them on the ipad.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Janset said:
Hi all

Thank for the info. One more question relating to this subject.

Can a guest hook up to my PC and also share that PC stored App?

Regards

Only if they share your AppleID. One iPad cannot use multiple IDs. Your apps are for use on your equipment and cannot be shared.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bdrich said:
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but what steps do you use to get them on to your Ipad. I have many save to my itunes on the computer, but can't figure out how to get them on the ipad.

Go to the apps page for your iPad in iTunes and select those you want on your iPad. Then sync.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

Most reactions

Latest posts