What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does iTunes sync/backup physically save app files on PC?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I NEVER have backed it up!
It would be a good idea to back it up. In case you need to restore your iPad, you'd lose settings, ... and maybe important data, without a backup. iTunes will ask for your password, if you set that one up after syncing the last time. You could also backup through iCloud, if you have an account.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would be a good idea to back it up. In case you need to restore your iPad, you'd lose settings, ... and maybe important data, without a backup. iTunes will ask for your password, if you set that one up after syncing the last time. You could also backup through iCloud, if you have an account.

Definitely....backing up is a must!!

The Archangel

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I thought once you've synced you iPad with iTunes on my laptop that it was automatically backed up? Where do I go to figure that out ? Why would SOME parts be backed up only? And other people have their iPad fully backed up. I would love to know the technical why this happens ! Anybody ????

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought once you've synced you iPad with iTunes on my laptop that it was automatically backed up? Where do I go to figure that out ? Why would SOME parts be backed up only? And other people have their iPad fully backed up. I would love to know the technical why this happens ! Anybody ????

Yes, if you sync with iTunes on your laptop then iTunes will create a backup. See if this article helps explain things a little better http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

The Archangel

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, if you sync with iTunes on your laptop then iTunes will create a backup. See if this article helps explain things a little better http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

The Archangel

Thanks Gabe, I sure hope I can do that with my restrictions blocked from me! Being barred from that I can't even to a simple re-set!?? I looked at my last back up and all that was backed up was 55mb!! Surely that is not a full backup!

Most reactions

Latest posts