What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad to Windows 7

OP
C

ChuckR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPads portability is one of the main points in its favour. A battery that can last more than twice as long as many laptops is another important feature.

A password protected iPad is one of the most secure computing devices you can buy. A thief who steals your iPad is not going to gain access to your information if he doesn't know your password.

Okay, that looks good. I will add some of the free apps mentioned in your starting post.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Feel free to ask any questions. This place never closes. Just remember though, what happens in Vegas does not stay in Vegas, when iPF is involved. We'll happily spread it to every part of the world in seconds.

OP
C

ChuckR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Feel free to ask any questions. This place never closes. Just remember though, what happens in Vegas does not stay in Vegas, when iPF is involved. We'll happily spread it to every part of the world in seconds.
Thanks for the reminder. I will keep photos from some of the clubs off the net.

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
LOVE of the IPAD

While I am not sure that I LOVE my iPad, I find it unsurpassed for websurfing and reading on the go (my primary reason for owning it). Yes, there are limitations. Some of those are pretty severe, in my mind. For me, however, web surfing is 80% of what I want to do while away from the house, so I use it a lot.

I would say, too, that I spend very little time tinkering with my IPad. I turn it on. It works as expected (given the limited expectations). I cannot say these things about my little android devices. I cannot say this about my desktop computer, either. But, for these devices, I have higher expectations and attempt things I would not dream of on an iPad. To me, the iPad is the Honda Civic of gadgets...nothing fancy or complicated....it simply gets you there...every time.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The older 2.4GHz phones and the 802.11 a/b/ (and g, depending on setup) routers could interfere with each other.

You can either try to move them as far apart as feasible, or get a new router or wireless phone setup. Neither is terribly expensive these days.

A router that sets up it's network using 802.11 n spectrum should work fine.

The newer cordless phone in the 5.8 GHz range or new wireless (local network) based ones like DECT 6.0 also avoid the problem. It's still a good idea not to put them right next to each other. Any radio transmitter can desensitize another to some degree.

Most reactions

Latest posts