What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad and facebook

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iVan said:
Who needs Facebook to squander time away when we have iPadforums...?:D

Funny you said that I am not a facebook user as I frankly do not get enjoyment from it
What I enjoy is being here as it is Like a family. Not to mention the knowledge one gains from the users

Bluenik25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently have a shortcut icon on my home page that opens up safari and logs me into facebook.

I may be wrong but I believe that apple is integrating Facebook into iPhone 4.0. I would think that is the reason there is no official app. I also remember that the Facebook Dev that created the iPhone version announced publicly that he would no longer be creating products for the iPhone due to apples approval polices.

Hopkins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those who say Facebook works just the same on iPad Safari as it would on a PC I disagree. Or at least mine doesn't. One example - I can't scroll on any list, ie list of Friends from a search. Makes it useless to me.

tail24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently have a shortcut icon on my home page that opens up safari and logs me into facebook.

I may be wrong but I believe that apple is integrating Facebook into iPhone 4.0. I would think that is the reason there is no official app. I also remember that the Facebook Dev that created the iPhone version announced publicly that he would no longer be creating products for the iPhone due to apples approval polices.

Yup but he also said with the release of the ipad he will be dev-ing again. He believes that the iPad is the way of the future. I read that somewhere I think on theiphoneblog.com

As for Facebook. They need to limit adverts from getting your info.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
sorry but having something marked as private, then facebook deciding to have a new advertisement campaign and flip all your private settings back to public is wrong.

If they give you the option to mark something as private you shouldnt have to regularly check and see if they flipped it back to public on you.

Even the guy that runs facebook got bit by this, he has some pictures marked as private. Facebook changed everyones settings to public and his private pictures were downloaded by random people. He then deleted them from facebook and tried to play it off as being OK.

Even though I wouldnt be uploading private stuff online, I don't use companies that do these type of things.

Jandy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hopkins - I agree with you, I cannot scroll through my friends list while using Safari on the iPad.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Tom Scott has decided to demonstrate how people are actualy puting there info out on the net without knowing it via facebook.

Example facebook has the option to enter your phone number in your profile and share it only with friends that you accept. That means only your friends will be able to see it right? wrong!

He has setup a test group on facebook that goes by the name Evil. Anyone who joins the group unknowingly hands over all of there private info over to the group owner. Just think, telemarketers could setup a group for people who like bowling and then call everyone up who joins their bowling group(just an example) and try to sell them new bowling balls.

http://bit.ly/almloY

mgamber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To scroll your friends list takes two fingers. Hold one finger down on one side of the list, scroll with another finger on the other side of the list.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can scroll through any window within a web page by using two fingers to scroll with. It took me a while to learn this, as Its not something you read much about.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the iPhone Facebook app with a Jailbroken iPad and the program called FullForce which forces it into iPad mode. And not the crappy x2 iPhone look, I mean legitimately for the iPad. Try it.

lreyn330

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why isn't there an app for Facebook? I have to go through safari to get on fb and it doesn't show who is online like my pc does.
Go to safari and then go to facebook and make your own app it is very easy.

Scoobie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys:

I'm posting this for my aunt in an effort to help her. She has the ipad2 and she used to log into FB and get the 9 icons showing in the other post, but now she only gets 2, one is group and I think the other one is pages. The other 7 disappeared. Any idea how she can add them back again?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Scoobie said:
Hi Guys:

I'm posting this for my aunt in an effort to help her. She has the ipad2 and she used to log into FB and get the 9 icons showing in the other post, but now she only gets 2, one is group and I think the other one is pages. The other 7 disappeared. Any idea how she can add them back again?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Swipe left or right on the screen and go back to the other page of icons...

-t

lreyn330

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Facebook app

You can make your own app for facebook. Go to the plus sign at the top on the left of the ipad, touch it, touch, touch add to home screen and it makes a app on your home screen.

Most reactions

Latest posts