What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is anyone having problems with Facebook on Safari closing by itself?

oceanspirit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ise FB on Safari and recently FB closes on its own and my ipad returns to the home screen.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ise FB on Safari and recently FB closes on its own and my ipad returns to the home screen.

It's quite common 'cause FB is a memory pig. When you run out of RAM your iPad will drop the app and revert to the Home Page. How long has it been since you powered off? Or do you do what I do most often which is to just put it to sleep. To make it less likely to happen try this first.

Double press the "home" button, you will see a bunch of app icons appear at the bottom of the screen. Press and hold any one of them until they all start to jiggle. You will then see a red minus sign in the top left of each icon. Tap each one to close the app, you are not deleting them just closing them, thereby freeing up memory. Close all you see and FB should operate better. Also be sure to power the iPad off now and then as that will do the same thing. Any other problems just holler and welcome to the forum.

Most reactions