What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook scrabble

mwhartman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I want to get my wife a tablet. The iPad is my fist choice. Primary use email, web browsing for news, and games (Yahoo bridge and Facebook scrabble).

My concern -- I believe that FB scrabble requires flash. Yesterday, I was in NYC and several folks said they could play FB scrabble via an iPad.

Does anyone here play FB scrabble or Yahoo bridge or can someone confirm that both are doable on the iPad.

Thanks in advance to those who reply.

Mike

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mwhartman said:
I want to get my wife a tablet. The iPad is my fist choice. Primary use email, web browsing for news, and games (Yahoo bridge and Facebook scrabble).

My concern -- I believe that FB scrabble requires flash. Yesterday, I was in NYC and several folks said they could play FB scrabble via an iPad.

Does anyone here play FB scrabble or Yahoo bridge or can someone confirm that both are doable on the iPad.

Mike

Scrabble for ipad = Words With Friends

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
mwhartman

mwhartman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
mwhartman said:

Mike

Scrabble for ipad = Words With Friends

Thank you!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The official Scrabble app for the iPad will let you play games against your Facebook friends. I found creating and joining the games on the iPad unpredictable, but that may have been improved since I last played with the app several moths ago.

Be sure to read the reviews on the App Store, in case things have gone down hill instead of up since I last checked.

Words With Friends is a very popular app and available on lots of devices; but it's a Scrabble clone, not the original game, and will not let you play via Facebook.

Last edited:
OP
mwhartman

mwhartman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The official Scrabble app for the iPad will let you play games against your Facebook friends. I found creating and joining the games on the iPad unpredictable, but that may have been improved since I last played with the app several moths ago.

Be sure to read the reviews on the App Store, in case things have gone down hill instead of up since I last checked.

Words With Friends is a very popular app and available on lots of devices; but it's a Scrabble clone, not the original game, and will not let you play via Facebook.

Thanks for the information. I need to nail this down prior to purchase. If the FB is not doable then I need to look at the Android os :(

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mwhartman said:
Thanks for the information. I need to nail this down prior to purchase. If the FB is not doable then I need to look at the Android os :(

Look into Splashtop. It's a remote access app that allows you to access our computer from anywhere so you can use Flash.

Most reactions

Latest posts