What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 Launching March 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
iPad_2_4.JPG

Last week AllThingsD said that Apple’s next iPad will be announced at an event scheduled for the first week in April. Now iMore has an exclusive news story, saying that Apple will be launching the iPad 3 on Wednesday, March 7, according to the site’s sources, which it says have been reliable in the past. iMore adds that the new iPad will have a 2048x1536 Retina display, a quad core A6 system-on-a-chip, and it may also have 4G LTE capabilities. This, of course, ties in with most of the recent reports, although generally the jury still seems to be out on whether or not the next iPad will have 4G LTE. Most pundits recently have been agreeing that the iPad 3 will have a quad-core processor, although there have been a couple who have said that it won’t yet be possible. Well, either way, if this story is correct, and I suspect that it probably is, we won’t have long to wait to find out![/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source: iPad 3 announcement March 7, quad-core, possible 4G LTE | iMore[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

solarrdadd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i'll buy the iPad3 if it does in fact have a 2048x1536 Retina display, a quad core A6 system-on-a-chip processor. a better camera for pictures and video would be real nice too. my daughter will get my iPad2 and i have a girlfriend who wants to have my daughters iPad1 so it will all work out.

can't wait to get some official news!

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
solarrdadd said:
i'll buy the iPad3 if it does in fact have a 2048x1536 Retina display, a quad core A6 system-on-a-chip processor. a better camera for pictures and video would be real nice too. my daughter will get my iPad2 and i have a girlfriend who wants to have my daughters iPad1 so it will all work out.

can't wait to get some official news!

All that plus the LTE. Got my mind on a 32gig white. No LTE no iPad 3 for me.

Greenbean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple is really gaining much but do you think that apple could become a customer oriented rather than of bieng a profit oriented... ohh I could not put the question mark. My new apple bluetooth keyboard for iPad wont work..

Anyway... my concern here is that.. Apple introduce the iPad 2 3G plus WIFI. but the problem here is there is a 3G just for internet connection so if you will use your SIM from your phone to your iPad2 3G it will rejects all call and there is no SMS capability.

A good strategy for making a good busioness and windfall profit but the user will suffered much for 2 subscription from a phone company. they needs to have a subscription for iPhone4s and another for iPad2 3G so both would wrok well otherwise only WIFI capability of iPad2 is useful. See news Edited by Moderator - external link removed, please read the forum rules

Me too I would agree if there could be a call and SMS capability of the Aplle iPad2 3G plus WIFi because I am spending more than a thousand of US Dollars to have this iPad2 3G with WIFI and I could not use if if I want to call.

If and oinly if the thelephone service provider will allow a 2 SIM party that would allow the same number of the 2 micro SIM for Iphone and iPad2 3G then it could be great but they dont allow a party line SIM

Last edited by a moderator:

AirPlayit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well, hope 2048x1536 Retina display will be true on new iPad at that time. thanks for the information.

Uberchu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wait, is the iPad 3 being launched or announced on March 7? Because a bunch of sources are conflicting between the two.

McTablet_T2C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't wait to have it my hands, the fact that apple doesn't say anything makes ppl even more crazy. All these rumors are killing me, and with apple you never know. :)

Reaction score
I just purchased a 64gb wifi. I have an iPhone 4 if i take the iPad out with me I just pair it with the iPhone and it just as good as my sisters 3G one. 3G ones are a waste I you have a iPhone with a large sat allowance.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I just purchased a 64gb wifi. I have an iPhone 4 if i take the iPad out with me I just pair it with the iPhone and it just as good as my sisters 3G one. 3G ones are a waste I you have a iPhone with a large sat allowance.
Don't know about you but just having GPS is worth the $120 difference between Wifi only and 3G models. The iPads GPS is remarkably accurate. To give a comparison, my first generation iPad had an accuracy of about 16 feet. My top of the line Garmin stand along GPS unit($500) had an accuracy of 10 feet.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
I hope it launches soon. Lining up the sale of my ipad 2 right now. Haha. Hopefully we'll here something soon in terms of keynote announcement

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Pathak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:
I hope it launches soon. Lining up the sale of my ipad 2 right now. Haha. Hopefully we'll here something soon in terms of keynote announcement

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

I am really waiting to see iPad 3, this will also be acid test for Apple minus Steve !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts