What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 Launching March 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

golfnut64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, I am ready for March 7th but, can I preorder anywhere? Also, any idea of the price?

Ruthie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't get what all the fuss is about! I only have a 1 at the moment, but it does everything I need. I don't care that I haven't got a camera on my iPad, I have a really good digital camera that fits in my pocket and all my music is on my iPod. And if i want to call or Skype my friends i use my mobile. My only problem is lack of space because I only have a 16gb and it isn't enough. So when my birthday comes in August I will upgrade to the most recent model, whatever it happens to be, and I will make sure I have the 64 so I can pack it with films and games.

Tritown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fid said:
LTE is Long Term Evolution. Think 4G networks.

Sent from my iPad using iPF - Peace

Thank you -- was trying to figure out LTE

pianoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you -- was trying to figure out LTE
yeah. I'm a forum junkie and I've never seen LTE. I'm all for acronyms in texting but let's stick to only shortening very often used terms in whatever forum we're a part of. :) Long Term Evolution is hardly a common-said thing in a tech forum. ;-)

Tritown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know, we are all apt to use the "buzz words".. Got a present of my iPad and I am just getting to know it

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your not the only one who wondered exactly what "LTE" represented. I thought it meant something else. Either way it don't matter . Its most likely over priced.im also curious as to just how long term it will really be until the next acronym pops.

Tritown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Slimseven said:
Your not the only one who wondered exactly what "LTE" represented. I thought it meant something else. Either way it don't matter . Its most likely over priced.im also curious as to just how long term it will really be until the next acronym pops.

Acronyms are everywhere, when I start with "omg" just shoot me!!

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is why I H A T E abbreviations of any sort. Hard to figure out. Just spell the words out and do not be lazy.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

Tritown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly, I see it everyday, people have lost the art of writing, they cannot spell and most of the time I do not have clue with all the acronyms.. Have fun trying to figure it out though.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LTE is a very common abbreviation in many circles for the past year. The big problem is that 4G, as advertised by the carriers, does not really meet the criteria set by the telecommunications standards. And there are several versions of 4G, including HSPA+ and LTE on the market. Right now, all the carriers are moving to LTE as the solution, but even so, there are numerous problems which make adding 4G LTE hard for Apple. 3G is out over a limited number of frequencies, but 4G LTE is spread over numerous frequencies. Each carrier is using different frequencies, including overseas. That means a chip handling 4G must include all those frequencies, adding to the cost and complexity. There is also the issue that there are few areas that have 4G LTE at this time. That means if the 4G is not disabled, it will continue to search for towers that are not there, wasting precious power at a high rate.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seadog said:
LTE is a very common abbreviation in many circles for the past year. The big problem is that 4G, as advertised by the carriers, does not really meet the criteria set by the telecommunications standards. And there are several versions of 4G, including HSPA+ and LTE on the market. Right now, all the carriers are moving to LTE as the solution, but even so, there are numerous problems which make adding 4G LTE hard for Apple. 3G is out over a limited number of frequencies, but 4G LTE is spread over numerous frequencies. Each carrier is using different frequencies, including overseas. That means a chip handling 4G must include all those frequencies, adding to the cost and complexity. There is also the issue that there are few areas that have 4G LTE at this time. That means if the 4G is not disabled, it will continue to search for towers that are not there, wasting precious power at a high rate.

I'm going use the ole line: everyone else is doing it!!! Apple has to as well. I live on a college campus. I'll have the subscription off until, I'm on the road. Or dog blasted Internet goes down as it always does during finals!!!!!!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you didn't know what LTE was, you wouldn't have been helped by anyone spelling it out. No one spells it out in normal use. And it's been in wide circulation for a good while.

iPad owners come from varying levels of tech knowledge and no one is obligated to address all posts as if we're all tech-ignorant. People often are helpful enough to explain if you ask (especially if you're polite). Or, when you don't understand an abbreviation, a google search takes seconds.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
If you didn't know what LTE was, you wouldn't have been helped by anyone spelling it out. No one spells it out in normal use. And it's been in wide circulation for a good while.

iPad owners come from varying levels of tech knowledge and no one is obligated to address all posts as if we're all tech-ignorant. People often are helpful enough to explain if you ask (especially if you're polite). Or, when you don't understand an abbreviation, a google search takes seconds.

4G long-term evolution high-speed data connectivity

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts