What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Users In The UK

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have changed the original posting from when I started this thread. It was my first thread and I wish I had been more inclusive to involve all iPad users. So please...all are welcome.

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
BBC iplayer is great, don't you think? I've not had any issues with it yet although I have wifi only iPad. Anyone buy those PC World iPads with 5% off yesterday?

MacEcoSystem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I keep hearing how wonderful BBC iplayer is for iPad, but I've NEVER been able to get it to stream. The app opens up fine, everything looks good but, when I press play, that irritating little while circle goes on and on until I get the message telling me to try again later.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thumbs up for iPlayer.

Sky news app is really cool as is BBC news.

Just looking for an app that will give me access to other UK channels now!

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MacEcoSystem said:
I keep hearing how wonderful BBC iplayer is for iPad, but I've NEVER been able to get it to stream. The app opens up fine, everything looks good but, when I press play, that irritating little while circle goes on and on until I get the message telling me to try again later.

Not sure what the problem might be but......I think you need to be on wifi, if you are you need to be on a suitably fast connection. There are other threads on here where people had to either change router settings or change routers to get a fast enough connection.....don't assume because other devices are running ok on the same router that all will be well, it's well documented on here, if you can't find it let me know and I'll see what I can find as I am subscribed to those threads.

The Archangel

MacEcoSystem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Archangel, have a look at http://ipad.tvcatchup.com/

It's a great service, I think. No app, but just bookmark the site to your desktop. I've never had any difficulties with the service, whether on the iPhone or the iPad. There's a free sign up.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Thumbs up for iPlayer.

Sky news app is really cool as is BBC news.

Just looking for an app that will give me access to other UK channels now!

The Archangel

Good morning Gabriel1 isn't it a beautiful morning again. UK is great. Yes, sky news is wonderful, it's opened every day 4 to 5 times at least as well as BBC news. We could do with itv player now. Why are they so slow, is it just money orientated?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MacEcoSystem said:
Archangel, have a look at http://ipad.tvcatchup.com/

It's a great service, I think. No app, but just bookmark the site to your desktop. I've never had any difficulties with the service, whether on the iPhone or the iPad. There's a free sign up.

You took my next words right out of my mouth mac. Yes, I also use iPad.TVCatchup. I do however have some issues with this though but it could be my router or the kids using wifi at the same time.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Good morning Gabriel1 isn't it a beautiful morning again. UK is great. Yes, sky news is wonderful, it's opened every day 4 to 5 times at least as well as BBC news. We could do with itv player now. Why are they so slow, is it just money orientated?

+1, another app we could use is the chanel 4's 4OD app, which at the moment cannot be used in apple mobile devices due to flash

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good karma said:
+1, another app we could use is the chanel 4's 4OD app, which at the moment cannot be used in apple mobile devices due to flash

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

What a shame, channel 4 should buck their ideas up and change to HTML (is that the right name) as well. I love meeting all you fellow UK iPad lovers.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:

And good morning to you too Hayley! Yes, the sun is shining and no work for me until after next weekend......woohoo!

I read somewhere that iPlayer is to offer content from 4OD and ITV player, not sure if it will work on the app as it is less functional than the online iPlayer but here's hoping.

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 is cool said:
Hey guys, thought we could discuss local issues in this thread, freebies, offers, UK based apps etc....

Anyone wanna start ?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Great thread Mr Cool (I'm assuming Mr anyway!)

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
And good morning to you too Hayley! Yes, the sun is shining and no work for me until after next weekend......woohoo!

I read somewhere that iPlayer is to offer content from 4OD and ITV player, not sure if it will work on the app as it is less functional than the online iPlayer but here's hoping.

The Archangel

Lucky thing, I have to go to school tomorrow and put up with all those teenagers moaning about the fact they have to go to school and why didn't they get the week off! Oh well, I'll be back off on Friday without hubby, unfortunately farmers markets still open on royal wedding days as well. We are having brunch now, fried eggs, sausages, mushrooms etc... Hungry yet!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Lucky thing, I have to go to school tomorrow and put up with all those teenagers moaning about the fact they have to go to school and why didn't they get the week off! Oh well, I'll be back off on Friday without hubby, unfortunately farmers markets still open on royal wedding days as well. We are having brunch now, fried eggs, sausages, mushrooms etc... Hungry yet!

Mmmmm, I love a good fry up!

All we need now is for the lord and master of UK iPad users, Tim, to come and join us in here........and for those that don't know him he is easily recognisable as he will be the one in the thread without a sun tan!

The Archangel

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's absolutely no chance of getting a sun tan here....

And it's not even a holiday in Scotland - schools are back today and everyone is at work....

What is even more annoying is that our latest moderator, Leigh, who lives in Troon (West Coast of Scotland for you sassenachs) had a BBQ at the weekend. My BBQ is rusting through lack of use....

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts