What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad users in UK - official dedicated thread

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I must say guys, I have looked all the posts in this thread and can find no real chit-chat. So generally we UK gossipmongers are respecting the rules of this page and keeping it on-topic, I know this is difficult for some of us but you have to ad int that we are doing pretty well.

On an iPad related matter, there were quite a few at Bluewater yesterday both in The Apple Store and at John Lewis, this would hopefully mean that Dixons/PC world should have a few. Those who are looking to buy I say pay a visit today.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bank Holiday

I must say guys, I have looked all the posts in this thread and can find no real chit-chat. So generally we UK gossipmongers are respecting the rules of this page and keeping it on-topic, I know this is difficult for some of us but you have to ad int that we are doing pretty well.

On an iPad related matter, there were quite a few at Bluewater yesterday both in The Apple Store and at John Lewis, this would hopefully mean that Dixons/PC world should have a few. Those who are looking to buy I say pay a visit today.

It's the same old Bank Holiday thing, the weekend will be busy, but supply seems a lot better now. Ipad2, the must have for 2011:)

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hazy2k11 said:
No Catchup TV is all free view channels

Oh, I get it. iPad/ TVCatchup.com? It's a website, not an app.

Does it only do live streams? I couldn't see where any recorded programmes are.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ian russell said:
Oh, I get it. iPad/ TVCatchup.com? It's a website, not an app.

Does it only do live streams? I couldn't see where any recorded programmes are.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

There is no record function. It is live-stream but possible over 3G, so it's great for the car.

OP
col.bris

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello to every one in the UK and the many of you whom have posted here. I just wanted to advise you I have set up a new Sub forum for iPad users in UK so this thread has been moved. I am in the process of fine tuning your sub forum which should be completed with 48 hours. Any suggestions are welcomed I am also adding. sub forums for China, French, Dutch, Greece. Spain and Australia has already been added. Enjoy.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
col.bris said:
Hello to every one in the UK and the many of you whom have posted here. I just wanted to advise you I have set up a new Sub forum for iPad users in UK so this thread has been moved. I am in the process of fine tuning your sub forum which should be completed with 48 hours. Any suggestions are welcomed I am also adding. sub forums for China, French, Dutch, Greece. Spain and Australia has already been added. Enjoy.

I have just taken a look, there are no threads there yet. Who will be the first to post one there ? Hayles ? Gab ? Amy ?

I have written to Colin to enquire about whether it is a combination of on-topic/off-topic discussions for clarification. Hopefully we will get an answer soon, then we can go mad !!!!

I await with eager anticipation!!!!

Last edited:

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just heard guys, it's an official area. I will post something there now.

retropedro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, I was just wondering if there was any benefit to jailbreaking an ipad 2 in order to get speed gains. Just upgraded to 9.3 for adblock software, only to realise that they don't run on 32-bit CPUs T_T in any case, is there a way to improve the performance? I only routinely use the ipad for browsing and reading PDF textbooks and am using adblock browser to keep things ticking along...

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I was just wondering if there was any benefit to jailbreaking an ipad 2 in order to get speed gains. Just upgraded to 9.3 for adblock software, only to realise that they don't run on 32-bit CPUs T_T in any case, is there a way to improve the performance? I only routinely use the ipad for browsing and reading PDF textbooks and am using adblock browser to keep things ticking along...
Jailbreaking your iPad cannot give you 64 bit performance from a 32 bit processor. You can't fake processor performance. You'll have to use a newer iPad with a 64 bit processor if you want to use the app.

BTW, there's no available jailbreak for iOS 9.3 or 9.2.1.

retropedro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreaking your iPad cannot give you 64 bit performance from a 32 bit processor. You can't fake processor performance. You'll have to use a newer iPad with a 64 bit processor if you want to use the app.

BTW, there's no available jailbreak for iOS 9.3 or 9.2.1.

Ah yeah thanks, I know I can't run the software. I'm just asking if jailbreaking will offer any speed advantages over using stock iOS. I can downgrade from 9.3 via my itunes backup, I believe, but shan't bother unless it'll actually improve the performance.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah yeah thanks, I know I can't run the software. I'm just asking if jailbreaking will offer any speed advantages over using stock iOS. I can downgrade from 9.3 via my itunes backup, I believe, but shan't bother unless it'll actually improve the performance.
You can't downgrade to a jailbreakable version. iTunes will make sure that you're trying to install an iOS signed by Apple. The only software signed right now, is 9.3 and 9.2.1, but can't be jailbroken.
If you try downgrading to a software not signed by Apple, you'll get an error, and it'll be impossible to continue.

Most reactions