What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Users In The UK

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Speaking of meeting famous people and combining this with Dr Who, I had a drink with Tom Baker in Headcorn, used to bump into him all the time browsing the monthly charity book fair.

Also sat about two feet from Paul McCartney in a restaurant but didn't realise until someone told me, sat next to Brian May at an Extreme gig but didn't realise until someone told me, talked to Layne Staley for about an hour and a half but didn't realise who he was until Alice In Chains came on stage......I could keep going on as it's like Stella Street in this part of the world!

The Archangel

Liverpool, am I wrong! Wow, Tom Baker was my Dr Who. Paul McCartney ( not such a fan of Beatles) but lucky you. I loved Queen and Brian May - that hair! What has Alice in Chains sung? You totally put me in shade!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's absolutely no chance of getting a sun tan here....

And it's not even a holiday in Scotland - schools are back today and everyone is at work....

What is even more annoying is that our latest moderator, Leigh, who lives in Troon (West Coast of Scotland for you sassenachs) had a BBQ at the weekend. My BBQ is rusting through lack of use....

Tim

And the suns out... and I'm off today Tim... Sorry.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
f4780y said:
And the suns out... and I'm off today Tim... Sorry.

Well, totally upset the man Leigh! Where are you that you have sun, it can't be Scotland.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I think he's still in Troon....must be nicer on the West Coast of Scotland than the East Coast...

Tim

Bad luck but it may come your way. I'll have a look for you.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Liverpool, am I wrong! Wow, Tom Baker was my Dr Who. Paul McCartney ( not such a fan of Beatles) but lucky you. I loved Queen and Brian May - that hair! What has Alice in Chains sung? You totally put me in shade!

Completely wrong, middle of Kent, it would be easier to name the people I haven't seen here!

I also sat behind Brian May at another gig.....I was fuming, I couldn't see anything past that thatch!!! Tom Baker is a genuinely lovely guy and my Dr Who too. Alice In Chains....."down in a hole"' "would?" and "heaven beside you" are all that I can think of!

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Completely wrong, middle of Kent, it would be easier to name the people I haven't seen here!

I also sat behind Brian May at another gig.....I was fuming, I couldn't see anything past that thatch!!! Tom Baker is a genuinely lovely guy and my Dr Who too. Alice In Chains....."down in a hole"' "would?" and "heaven beside you" are all that I can think of!

The Archangel

Don't recognise them but will look them up on YouTube.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I think he's still in Troon....must be nicer on the West Coast of Scotland than the East Coast...

Tim

You are in luck, the met office says sunshine coming your way.

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks all, this thread seems to have taken off in the last few hours. I think we need to have localised info for the iPad. I am currently out of the country so missed the PCworld promotion. But do I really need another iPad. I have 2.

I too have the same problem with the iplayer app. The website works fine though.

TVcatchup is fantastic also have used since I got hold of my iPad 1, seems so long ago now.

Keep posting to this page all you Brits.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - it was a great idea. I can see if we can make it a 'sticky' if its popularity continues....

Tim

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hear on the news (BBC News app) that the MOD are sending an aircraft carrier.....but no aircraft........to defend this thread from non natives!

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Yes - it was a great idea. I can see if we can make it a 'sticky' if its popularity continues....

Tim

Excuse my ignorance Tim but explain to me what a sticky is. I'm still new to these words. Oh and I would love to put a photo on my avatar but I don't know how to use the right size. Still a novice I'm afraid.

Most reactions

Latest posts