What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Users In The UK

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry here's the picture!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Attachments

• image-3502658067.png
    image-3502658067.png
    133.8 KB · Views: 102

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dumi and Hayles, you are right, i have seen the advertisement at the bottom of ipf app, but forget about it. Lets puts it this way, as far as on your face goes, the ads on the forum are more prominent

Cool screen shot :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

Reaction score
Good karma said:
Dumi and Hayles, you are right, i have seen the advertisement at the bottom of ipf app, but forget about it. Lets puts it this way, as far as on your face goes, the ads on the forum are more prominent

That is correct, but the calculation is not complete.

Many people searching on the web will find ipadforums.net and maybe visit it once or twice, so it has a lot of advertisement there. But users who download the iPF app will undoubtedly spend more time on the app than the average ipadforums.net visitor. So even though the ads on iPF are less, are the iPF ads longer exposed to the users.

And finally, another point of thought is, that the forum builds upon members helping others. So you get people helping using the iPF app, who see little to no ads, but because of this more people will visit the main website when looking for a solution. If the app had as much ads as the website, the forum may have less members posting and thus less visitors. In a way it is clever to remove ads for those who actively support the forum.

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good karma said:

Cool screen shot :)

Of course, its got us girls on it!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
That is correct, but the calculation is not complete.

Many people searching on the web will find ipadforums.net and maybe visit it once or twice, so it has a lot of advertisement there. But users who download the iPF app will undoubtedly spend more time on the app than the average ipadforums.net visitor. So even though the ads on iPF are less, is the iPF app longer exposed to them.

And finally, another point of thought is, that the forum builds upon members helping others. So you get people helping using the iPF app, who see little to no ads, but because of this more people will visit the main website when looking for a solution. If the app had as much ads as the website, the forum may have less members posting and thus less visitors. In a way it is clever to remove ads for those who actively support the forum.

Okay! Thanks for sharing, it just reinforces why I use the app rather than the website. Apart from crashing of course.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The forum has a new member, iPadCharlie :)

Okay, DUMI, we give in, what is the clue. Who is ipadCharlie and why do you mention them. Are they English, related to you, buddy, you are being man of few words again, bad habit with me around, you know.

Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Okay, DUMI, we give in, what is the clue. Who is ipadCharlie and why do you mention them. Are they English, related to you, buddy, you are being man of few words again, bad habit with me around, you know.

The forum lost one of it's Super Moderator’s, too. 1991-C4 simply vanished.

Reaction score
Hayles66 said:

You can always ask questions, if my answers are too short :)

Anyway, the clue is contained in my previous post.
I do not know iPadCharlie, but I mention him, to see if anyone knows him. He does speak english, not related to me, no personal connection.

I hope this answered your questions :D

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The forum lost one of it's Super Moderator’s, too. 1991-C4 simply vanished.

Oh, why? He was lovely! I loved his car enthusiasm.

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Back form another bike ride (and voting). Time to cook some food and enjoy the last 2 episodes of The Vampire Diaries. Last night got right up to date with Smallville, I know this has deteriorated over time, but I want to see how it finally ends, nit that it is really going to be a surprise, Clark will learn to fly, Superman will emerge, he and Lois will marry etc....

I am far to committed a guy, once I start a series I always see it through to the end, no matter how bad it gets.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 2 is cool said:
Back form another bike ride (and voting). Time to cook some food and enjoy the last 2 episodes of The Vampire Diaries. Last night got right up to date with Smallville, I know this has deteriorated over time, but I want to see how it finally ends, nit that it is really going to be a surprise, Clark will learn to fly, Superman will emerge, he and Lois will marry etc....

I am far to committed a guy, once I start a series I always see it through to the end, no matter how bad it gets.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

That's so loyal! I love Vampire Diaries, unfortunately, I've read the latest book and it's so far removed from the story that it is completely different. Love them both though. Damon, yum, yum!

Most reactions

Latest posts