What's new

iPad 2 Stuck on iTunes screen

MaXimus666

iPF Noob
Joined
Jun 23, 2014
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
My girlfriend was trying to update her iPad to the latest OS but now she has a black screen with a USB cable and an iTunes cable.

I googled this problem and found out that we have to boot into recovery mode so I turned off the iPad buy holding the Home + Power Off Button for a few seconds,

then I held the Home button while connecting the USB again with iTunes running hoping that iTunes will pop out a message telling me that I am in recovery mode but nothing happens. I don't even hear any sound on my computer when I connect it as if it wasn't connected. I tried different cables and different USB ports.

What am I doing wrong here?

I don't care about the data in it Im fine to reset it I just want it to work

thanks
 
I tried again same result and those links don't offer anything really.

The thing is, my computer doesn't seem to even recognize the iPad as if it was dead.

When I turn it off using the power + home key and wait for a few seconds till I see the Silver Apple.

I then turn it on again by pressing the Home key + standby/power key simultaneously, as soon as I see the silver Apple I release the standby/power key and keep pressing the home key but nothing happens, iTunes is running but the popup to start recovery isn't showing up :(
 
Thank you Mr. Mickey,

I did that using the redsn0w tool, ensuring I am pressing the buttons in a timely manner but then it just says no device connected. very strange.

I am so mad at Apple that their OS upgrade is very flaky it bricks a device! I see many similar posts on the internet about this issue but mine seems to be stuck.

I was hoping to find an easy fix without needing to go to the Apple Service Center but nope :(

5jy1yx.png
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom