What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 - stuck in recovery mode, doesnt restore to latest OS, Error 9

kkukreja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPAD 2, 3G-Wifi has been stuck in recovery mode. When it powers on the screen says connect to itunes. I have tried the failsafe tutorial of updating to the latest iOS but havent been succesfull. The verification with apple server is successfull and the restore bar with apple logo comes on screen, however, doesn't progress. I receive an error # 9. On searching - i have found that error 9 is a connectivity issue between the pc & ipad. Have tried different USB ports, different cables (original) but havent been able to restore yet.

Can anyone help ?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
IPAD 2, 3G-Wifi has been stuck in recovery mode. When it powers on the screen says connect to itunes. I have tried the failsafe tutorial of updating to the latest iOS but havent been succesfull. The verification with apple server is successfull and the restore bar with apple logo comes on screen, however, doesn't progress. I receive an error # 9. On searching - i have found that error 9 is a connectivity issue between the pc & ipad. Have tried different USB ports, different cables (original) but havent been able to restore yet.

Can anyone help ?

Hi, kkukreja. Unfortunately IMO it doesn't look too good for your iPad. Error 9 pops up when the connection between PC and iPad is broken (usually when the cable is suddenly removed during a communication with iTunes and iPad) or when the USB cable is damaged or the USB port(s) no longer provide communication.
It seems to me you have taken all the logical available steps to diagnose the problem (besides the usual resetting or rebooting, just in case). Unless someone can chime in with another suggestion, I believe your iPad has a physical problem needing repairs or replacement.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ThreeDawg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, kkukreja. Unfortunately IMO it doesn't look too good for your iPad. Error 9 pops up when the connection between PC and iPad is broken (usually when the cable is suddenly removed during a communication with iTunes and iPad) or when the USB cable is damaged or the USB port(s) no longer provide communication.
It seems to me you have taken all the logical available steps to diagnose the problem (besides the usual resetting or rebooting, just in case). Unless someone can chime in with another suggestion, I believe your iPad has a physical problem needing repairs or replacement.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed. This sounds like a physical issue with the IPad. This could be something that could possibly be covered under the limited warrenty.

If the Limited Warrenty is no longer valid, or you never got, nor renewed, the full warrenty, you might have to pay when you send it in.

Best wishes!

ThreeDawg

Most reactions

Latest posts