What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 stuck at boot screen and will not restore in iTunes

zachfireman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please help....

i have an Ipad2 ios 5.1.1 jailbroken and i've been trying for 3 weeks to update to ios 6 and remove the jailbreak...
well now it will not boot up past the apple logo and it will not restore in iTunes i keep getting an error about the IOS Firmware being corrupted
i have tried to download the software through itunes and off the internet with safari , firefox and google chrome.
please help

i have also tried this on 3 different computers, xp, windows 7 and Mountian Lion

also DFU and Recovery mode do not help the situation it still says in iTunes error

"The iPad "iPad" could not be restored because the firmware file was corrupt "
Disconnect and reconnect, then try again.

my mac is totally updated along with the other computers as well... please help

Last edited:
OP
Z

zachfireman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"The iPad "iPad" could not be restored because the firmware file was corrupt "
Disconnect and reconnect, then try again.

thats the only error itunes is giving me

mateo012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have tiny umbrella installed? If you do, make sure that the boxes to restore with itunes are checked or unchecked.

OP
Z

zachfireman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i tried with tiny umbrella , still dead in the water... i called apple care today and they are replacing it at 1 so we will see how that goes. thanks everyone.

Most reactions

Latest posts