What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 replaced for Mic Issue; Backlight Bleed Problem seems to be solved!

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had an issue with the mic on my iPad 2. Admittedly I never really put it to use, but I was able to test it with video recording and Skype when it was brand new.

A week ago I tried to face time with someone and they reported that all they heard from my end was static. I tried recording videos with the same results.

I took it to my nearest Apple Store, they agreed to replace it right away. They informed me it would take roughly 10 days (that was their average I guess) for a replacement. The next day they called and told me to pick my replacement up.

The replacement appears to be a refurb; it didn't come in a brand new box, rather just a plain brown one that was well padded.

To my surprise (and satisfaction) this one has Zero backlight bleed issues. My original got pretty horrific.

Thanks Apple!

ColemanLee09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They come out of brown boxes because they are made and shipped in as replacement products. Not refurb. Same for iPhones and touchs.

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine was shipped today from China, hopefully it won't have any bleeding issues :)

Mio_BB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think we can trust that the ones that are currently shipping does not have the issue. Mine has zero backlight bleed, I received it last week.

cvadh387

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my ipad2 two days ago and just now checked for the back light bleeding. I have very little backlight bleeding along the bottom edge and it's not very noticeable unless I'm really staring at it. It's not going to bother me so I'm not gonna exchange it. I'm just glad it's not as and as some of the other images I've seen.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think we can trust that the ones that are currently shipping does not have the issue. Mine has zero backlight bleed, I received it last week.

Sweet! Glad I waited to order then.

OP
S

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They come out of brown boxes because they are made and shipped in as replacement products. Not refurb. Same for iPhones and touchs.

Doesn't matter to me either way, as long as I have a one year warranty, which the refurbs do carry!

It is good to know that it's new though!

Most reactions