What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 jailbreak 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
comex is also working (off and on) on a jailbreak, as evidenced by his tweet to @Angelol1990 on May 29.

Also, consider the Cydia icon on the picture comex took of his smashed iPad2. Remember that comex didn't buy an iPad2 when they first came out (he jailbroke chpwn's remotely). (So put 2 and 2 together....)

Correct me if I'm mistaken please Musclenerd but if I put 2 and 2 together comex's iPad 2 is running later than FW 4.3 as he bought it later. Is that correct Musclenerd?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a brief rundown on how it works:

I really like your definition of "brief" :)

Awesome. I wasn't thinking laterally for a moment. I wasn't thinking through about it being the installed firmware and therefore what could be extracted...

That's a great step forward, and kudos to ih8sn0w. Just a shame it's not for iPad2ers with 4.3 and without blobs (yet)! They need it the most! The rest of us are pretty much golden at the moment thanks to the current landscape.

Thanks again for the explanation.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MuscleNerd said:
brief rundown on how it works:
lol nice 'brief rundown'

Thanx for the explanation but didn't really understand much, now I know why I can't jailbreak and much respect to all those working on the jailbreak at the moment, keep up the good work, much appreciated.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
How come you can't JB? Hey ~ If I can, anyone can.:D
Sorry meant to say why I can't produce a jailbreak, musclenerd's explanation worked my brain a bit, everyone's got their field and mine ain't hacking

codmdantes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With all the things happening at the jailbreak scene, i decided - some months ago- to learn programming and hacking... I even quit my Muay Thai training for a while for that reason... My programming progress is going really well, but i have a loooooooong way to actually do something like MuscleNerd and the other guys do. So, don't rely on me... Not just yet... :D:D:D

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With all the things happening at the jailbreak scene, i decided - some months ago- to learn programming and hacking... I even quit my Muay Thai training for a while for that reason... My programming progress is going really well, but i have a loooooooong way to actually do something like MuscleNerd and the other guys do. So, don't rely on me... Not just yet... :D:D:D

How did you start off? Because I'm interested too :) I'm young and ambitious (I think)

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol Musclenerd is an "iPad Noob!" according to the forums! Somehow I don't think that is true :)

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
comex is also working (off and on) on a jailbreak, as evidenced by his tweet to @Angelol1990 on May 29.

Also, consider the Cydia icon on the picture comex took of his smashed iPad2. Remember that comex didn't buy an iPad2 when they first came out (he jailbroke chpwn's remotely). (So put 2 and 2 together....)

Correct me if I'm mistaken please Musclenerd but if I put 2 and 2 together comex's iPad 2 is running later than FW 4.3 as he bought it later. Is that correct Musclenerd?

If that's the case..then YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I am super excited..that was my theory all along, that they ARE working on a jailbreak for firmware above 4.3..I hope by the time by brand new iPad 2 with 4.3.3 arrives on the 21st of June the jailbreak will be released..come on comex we are counting on ya..!!

Maberib

iPF Noob
Reaction score

How did you start off? Because I'm interested too :) I'm young and ambitious (I think)

Haha, before reading the "brief" rundown, I was wondering if it was the real MuscleNerd or not. Welcome to the forum, MuscleNerd!

In answer to your question, Sutty, I found a neat book on the subject. It's called Hacking: The Art of Exploitation by Jon Erickson.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In answer to your question, Sutty, I found a neat book on the subject. It's called Hacking: The Art of Exploitation by Jon Erickson.

Great choice Maberib.

I would also recommend Jeff Duntemann's books on Assembly Language. They are excellent for beginners. I learned from him Windows book years ago, but the latest Linux one really is superb to get you up and running quickly. A great primer.

Also, if you want to go hardcore, The IDA Pro Book by Chris Eagle really helps on the disassembly side of things... IDA FTW! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts