What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 jailbreak 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
However, without an iBoot-level or lower exploit, 4.3 blobs are useless for iPad2-3G and iPad2-CDMA. That's because the only way to get past the baseband update part of the restore nowadays (when it errors out) is with an iBoot-level or lower exploit.

Sorry MuscleNerd, I'm only just picking up the gravity of what you said there.

iPad2 blobs for 4.3 serve no purpose for those with 3G or CDMA at the moment?

Thanks for the heads up. That's important to know for everyone. Bad choices could easily be made. More updates to our SHSH FAQ required I think!
I had no idea you couldn't get past the baseband update fail without a low level exploit. Only a couple of posts and already worth their weight in gold! Cheers.

353hpprelude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'ma just trade in my iPad2 for a ipad1 this crap is paper weight for me right now

Last edited by a moderator:

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OMG, MuscleNerd's here! YAY! Maybe we'll get the JB after WWDC... Although, I wouldn't mind using an unjailbroken iPad 2 while waiting...

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All of this talk about IOS 5..I dont have to worry about my new iPad 2 which is scheduled to be shipped on June 15th will come with it right..it will be coming with 4.3.3??

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
All of this talk about IOS 5..I dont have to worry about my new iPad 2 which is scheduled to be shipped on June 15th will come with it right..it will be coming with 4.3.3??

Most likely. :(

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:

Most likely. :(

No No, that is what I want..obviously I don't want it to have IOS 5 right now..but Musclenerd's message earlier in the day about Comex that was posted here kinda gives me hope

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
No No, that is what I want..obviously I don't want it to have IOS 5 right now..but Musclenerd's message earlier in the day about Comex that was posted here kinda gives me hope

Oh!I thought you meant you wanted it to have 4.3. Nevermind. iOS 5 probably won't come out for at least a month. I think.

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:

Oh!I thought you meant you wanted it to have 4.3. Nevermind. iOS 5 probably won't come out for at least a month. I think.

Oh I would LOVE for it to have 4.3..then I could jailbreak it right away..but it will come with 4.3.3 so I will have to wait for a jailbreak, just didn't want it to come with IOS 5 then I would have to wait God knows how long for a jailbreak to be released for it

OP
A

Argyle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
176 pages of nothing... I started this thread to get a JB ... Not for the thread to be derailed... Ending with nothing but chatter

Please post up here if you have a link to the ipad2 jailbreak otherwise post somewhere else please and thanks

Gary

MuscleNerd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
blog.iphone-dev.org
iPad2 blobs for 4.3 serve no purpose for those with 3G or CDMA at the moment? Thanks for the heads up. That's important to know for everyone. Bad choices could easily be made. More updates to our SHSH FAQ required I think!
I had no idea you couldn't get past the baseband update fail without a low level exploit.

Yeah, up until 4.0 or so the baseband update failure wasn't a big deal, and you could get past it by just setting that "auto-boot" environment variable to true using normal Apple protocols. But now Apple's added an extra step after the baseband update that's a critical part of their new filesystem encryption method. If you don't reach that step (because the baseband update step fails and the whole restore process stops right there), the filesystem is unusable. With no working filesystem to use, any userland exploits don't even have a chance to run.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Argyle said:
176 pages of nothing... I started this thread to get a JB ... Not for the thread to be derailed... Ending with nothing but chatter

Please post up here if you have a link to the ipad2 jailbreak otherwise post somewhere else please and thanks

Gary
You've been following this thread so would have noticed that bile joined in on the discussion informing us that they are working on a jailbreak and the only guarantee at the moment is a jb for 4.3, and a the moment we have muscle nerd who has also joined us in the discussion. So at the moment there isn't a jailbreak.

I wouldn't say 176 pages of nothing .... I know much of this thread is useless off topic chatter but the thread would have been dead by now otherwise.

Last edited:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Argyle said:

Gary
You've been following this thread .

Exactly.. And to request people stop posting after 1700 posts is silly.

Having said that ~ this is your thread and if you want it to end, I suppose it could be closed and someone else could start a new iPad2 JB thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts