What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 jailbreak 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Out of curiosity did anyone ever hear how Apple found out about the exploit in 4.3? Didn't know if someone tipped them off or if they actually discovered it on their own as they got the patch out pretty dang quick.

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had little choice but to update.. The battery on my iPad 2 is really bad compared to my iPad 1. I wanted to update before sending it back for a replacement because Apple doesn't usually replace batteries I don't think. Needless to say, it's still crap and I haven't sent it back.

But... A question often asked here is why the iPad 2 is so hard to jailbreak. It's been said that it's because the hardware is new. But Apple didn't patch the hardware in 4.3.1 obviously, so isn't it not really true that the new hardware is what's keeping it being jailbroken?

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple did patch the exploit in 4.3.1, that's why devs are hinting it may only be for 4.3 initially and to not upgrade if you are on 4.3.

Last edited:

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Out of curiosity did anyone ever hear how Apple found out about the exploit in 4.3? Didn't know if someone tipped them off or if they actually discovered it on their own as they got the patch out pretty dang quick.

everything is pure speculation for how it happened, nobody knows.

well, was it possible that apple and comex found the same exploit independently, then apple went ahead to patch it, or is that nearly impossible?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
well, was it possible that apple and comex found the same exploit independently, then apple went ahead to patch it, or is that nearly impossible?

Don't get hung up trying to answer this conundrum. We will NEVER know unless someone comes out and says "it was me"...

Depending on the exploit, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that it was patched legitimately, just because a developer had discovered the vulnerability and fixed it. Code is tested for vulnerabilities for a variety of reasons throughout it's life... OR someone told Apple... We'll never know...:D

Synnerg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I stood in line for the iPad2 on release day and it was preloaded with 4.3.1 - guess I'm SOL

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey guys!

Newest tweet from p0sixninja: (sorry moderators, but i won't post a link to twitter i'll just paste it below)

@c4rm0 4.3 is the only thing for sure. I still need to talk to @i0n1c about the other versions. We're crossing our fingers

so im assuming i0nic is somehow involved with the iPad 2 jailbreak for the newer firmwares 4.3.x even after the whole ELEVATOR joke. i knew it.

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey guys!

Newest tweet from p0sixninja: (sorry moderators, but i won't post a link to twitter i'll just paste it below)

@c4rm0 4.3 is the only thing for sure. I still need to talk to @i0n1c about the other versions. We're crossing our fingers

so im assuming i0nic is somehow involved with the iPad 2 jailbreak for the newer firmwares 4.3.x even after the whole ELEVATOR joke. i knew it.

AWESOME NEWS..it would be SO great if they could get this jailbreak going on 4.3.3..that way I can go out and sell my old iPad and buy the new one already :)

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also seen this tweet and I hope they release the 4.3 Jailbreak when they update GP! That would be awesome! It would be Beast if they got it to work on all 4.3.x by then....

FREE MY iPAD2  COMING SOON! WooHOO!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions