What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 jailbreak 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To be fair, if there are any exploits found in 4.3+ firmwares, it would benefit the community more to keep them hidden from apple till iOS 5 hits. The majority of the iPad lifespan is going to be on iOS 5, which isn't really that far away now. Obviously it sucks to be anyone who updated, but it's not like the dev team has an endless list of exploits.

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To be fair, if there are any exploits found in 4.3+ firmwares, it would benefit the community more to keep them hidden from apple till iOS 5 hits. The majority of the iPad lifespan is going to be on iOS 5, which isn't really that far away now. Obviously it sucks to be anyone who updated, but it's not like the dev team has an endless list of exploits.

also well said. definitely would be a great idea to keep any exploits (if any) until iOS 5 comes around. wonder how this cat-and-mouse game is gonna play out.

Bostonvince

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just downgraded from 4.3.3 to 4.3. Using tiny umbrella, edit hosts, and shift click restore feature on iTunes. Soo updating is not the end of the world while waiting for jb. As long as you know your way back by the time it shows up :) if you havn't tried it before it's best you stick at 4.3. I'm just sharing what worked for me.

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dude can u tell me how to save shsh updates of the latest update without updating to it? Pleez :(

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dude can u tell me how to save shsh updates of the latest update without updating to it? Pleez :(

Download TinyUmbrella (links are in the SHSH Blobs FAQ), connect iPad to PC, run TU, on advanced tab UNTICK "request SHSH from Cydia", press "Apply Changes", then press "Save SHSH". Done.

Last edited:

Anomalous

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iRuthlessPad said:

Have you downloaded Tiny Umbrella to your computer so that you can save?

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
bile said:
If/when they have been found it serves NO ONES benefit to know outside of those actually working on it.
Good Job, keep up the good work :-D

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score

arbor53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just found this, *** EDIT ***
If you want to know if or how to jailbreak your I-device just follow the steps

Last edited by a moderator:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just found this, if you want to know if or how to jailbreak your I-device just follow the steps

Not all...once you select ipad2 :

iPad 2
iOS Version 4.3.3

Sorry, but your iPad is currently *not* jailbreakable.

Check another iDevice

-------------------
iPad 2
iOS Version 4.3.0

Check another iDevice

Last edited by a moderator:

Anomalous

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iRuthlessPad said:
Yes i have it..now steps pleez

Uh, I believe f4780y has provided an explanation on how to do so. If you still don't understand, you may want to google a tutorial for visual assistance. TU may have a guide on their site as well. Not sure what else to tell you.

arbor53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
Not all...once you select ipad2 :

iPad 2
iOS Version 4.3.3

Check another iDevice

-------------------
iPad 2
iOS Version 4.3.0

Check another iDevice

That's why I put the " if " in there

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRuthlessPad said:

Have you downloaded Tiny Umbrella to your computer so that you can save?

Yes i have it..now steps pleez

Go to youtube.com and search for "how to save shsh blobs", there will be videos that walk you through it. Don't worry what firmware they talk about (in one the guy is talking about 4.1), the process is still the same.

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok thanx..i was just worried that i may not update it to the latest..my ipad 2 is 4.3 (8F191)..out of box..dont wanna update to latest! So just wanted the latest updates shsh..thanx guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts