What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 jailbreak 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cryptic1 said:
Not complaining, but is there a reason to release a jailbreak that maybe 90% can't use, other than to show it can be done? I thought p0sixninja's greenpoison (or whatever it will be called), was a bootrom exploit. Meaning it should work with any version of the software.

Sent from my pad via my iPad using iPF

Not, it was always a userland exploit. It's not even clear IF the ipad2 bootrom is dumped yet.

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cryptic1 said:
Not complaining, but is there a reason to release a jailbreak that maybe 90% can't use, other than to show it can be done? I thought p0sixninja's greenpoison (or whatever it will be called), was a bootrom exploit. Meaning it should work with any version of the software.

Not, it was always a userland exploit. It's not even clear IF the ipad2 bootrom is dumped yet.

Yea, i dont think any new exploits were found cuz the bootrom isn't dumped yet. p0sixninja's been working on the original comex exploit, so its no surprise that it might only work for 4.3

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cryptic1 said:

Yea, i dont think any new exploits were found cuz the bootrom isn't dumped yet. p0sixninja's been working on the original comex exploit, so its no surprise that it might only work for 4.3

Damn so your saying this jailbreak might NEVER work with 4.3.3..then I mind as well keep my iPad 1st Generation then if that is the case

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Damn so your saying this jailbreak might NEVER work with 4.3.3..then I mind as well keep my iPad 1st Generation then if that is the case

i said "no surprised that it MIGHT only work for 4.3". you can never know for sure even if bile/nitoTV mentioned something about it

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score

i said "no surprised that it MIGHT only work for 4.3". you can never know for sure even if bile/nitoTV mentioned something about it

this is what Bile said

bile says:
May 25, 2011 at 5:05 pm

Only fw that we have the requisite exploits for.

bile says:
May 25, 2011 at 5:03 pm

We would like to support all firmwares for ipad2 but the only guarantee thus far is 4.3.

Also, if I DO want to purchase the iPad 2nd Gen..where can I Get one that has 4.3 installed on it

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score

this is what Bile said

bile says:
May 25, 2011 at 5:05 pm

Only fw that we have the requisite exploits for.

bile says:

We would like to support all firmwares for ipad2 but the only guarantee thus far is 4.3.

Also, if I DO want to purchase the iPad 2nd Gen..where can I Get one that has 4.3 installed on it

You would have to get a used one, and make sure the seller has one that is on 4.3. theres no other way

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You've got to be kidding. I updated from 4.3 like a week ago because I figured that they wouldn't work on an OS that old. I am going to cry

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you see what bile said? Looks like as of now it is only 4.3 and they will have to try and find another exploit for 4.3.1 and up. No one will know for sure until it's released.

bile says:

Last edited:

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wookiee2cu said:
Did you see what bile said? Looks like as of now it is only 4.3 and they will have to try and find another exploit for 4.3.1 and up. No one will know for sure until it's released.

Wow! I'm soooooo glad I'm still on 4.3 with my shsh blobs saved!!!

FREE MY iPAD2 

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For pete's sake.....copied from dev site:
"4.3.x support in greenpois0n"....meaning it will work on ALLversions of 4.3
Quit trying to spread hysteria....

elektrobank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But he did say in the comments -

The only firmware we 100% have one of the most important exploits is for 4.3 only, we need to finish the jailbreak for that firmware being finalized before we shift focus to other newer ones which require MUCH more work. Im sorry i dont sympathize for anyone that updated voluntarily or “by accident” any time ive been asked ive made it very clear to hold tight and avoid upgrading at all cost. Putting focus on a later fw will only lead to delays.

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For pete's sake.....copied from dev site:
"4.3.x support in greenpois0n"....meaning it will work on ALLversions of 4.3
Quit trying to spread hysteria....

Thats for all the devices except iPad 2...
since iPad 2's are not susceptible to i0nic's exploit, the Greenpois0n RC6.2 will only be for iPod touch 3rd/4th, iPad 1, iPhone 3GS/4

Even p0sixninja said the iPad 2 jailbreak won't be called greenpois0n

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts