What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2 in trouble? Playbook catching up with their new price drops.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Playbook will never catch up. Nothing ever will.

:)

And ~

I was just at Best Buy and they told us they can't give away the Playbook, but iPads are selling like crazy.

Who'd a thunk.

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thought about getting during black Friday. Staples got them going for $200,$300,$400

kitkat3709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't see getting another gadget, except for the latest and greatest IPad, of course.

Sent from my iPad2 32 3G Black :)

mrsterrijane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
playbook was my first tablet. i used it for two months and then got an ipad 2. i really did not like the playbook but the ipad was love at first sight. thank goodness for the best buy, buy back program.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tapmyapple said:
Playbook sales booming on deep discounts - Business - CBC News

Playbooks dropped $300 starting today and now $199, $299 and $399 and flying off shelves.

When you quote iPad in trouble what is your source. When a manufacture like RIM drops prices and sells heaps of units that means they are in trouble and need to move stock. I have no idea where you came up with such a wild heading.

We are selling Acer tabs at half price here in Australia why because the iPad is selling around 100 to 1. and that is the same with rim. If retailers do not move products within 90 days they have to drop prices or it will cost the retailer money if they don't.

The winner from this is apple

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
RIM is dumping it's Playbooks to commercial accounts at prices well below costs. You can decide what this means on your own. One of our customers purchased 4000 of them and then asked us to port their iOS app to QNX. They did not expect the high quote they received from us and are now reconsidering their options, but RIM is taking drastic measures to move inventory

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Funny as...

Of course they're dropping prices. They can't sell them! Whereas, iPad 2 is becoming as rare as rocking horse dung where I live, they have a four week wait list. Therefore no need to drop the price!

Kraftdinner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where I live places like schools, hospitals, and special needs people are just beginning to be allowed to do group buys of IPADs on government credit cards, or with government funding. However, the same treatment is not being given to Playbooks (lack of apps) so I'm sure situations like these if widespread will give IPADs another boost in sales.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would change that to is Playbook in trouble. At least that was my first thought when I saw the thread!

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts