What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple cuts refurbished iPad prices: iPad Mini is now $249 and iPad 4 is $379

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
apple-store-refurbished-ipad-mini-9to5mac.jpeg

With the introduction of the new Retina display iPad Mini and iPad Air, Apple didn't discount only the original iPad Mini and the iPad 2, but also the refurbished iPad models. The refurbished entry-level first-generation iPad mini can be yours for $249, $30 down from $279 which means it is $50 less than the original iPad Mini, priced at $299. The price cuts have been applied for all Wi-Fi and Cellular configurations, not just the entry-level version.

The iPad 4 with Retina display now has the $379 price for the Wi-Fi only 16 GB version, which means Apple took a nice $120 off the original retail price of $499. It is also $20 less than the $399 iPad 2 that Apple has decided to keep in its offer. The refurbished iPad 2 is priced at $319, $80 off the original price of $399. All the refurbished iPad units come equipped with the standard one-year warranty.

Source: 9to5Mac

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why do you think they continue to hold on to iPad 2 while discontinuing all the others? Overstocked?

Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using iPF

OP
RaduTyrsina

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
Why do you think they continue to hold on to iPad 2 while discontinuing all the others? Overstocked?

Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using iPF

Stay tuned as I will explain that shortly in a new post, it's all about the money, ta da da dam

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why do you think they continue to hold on to iPad 2 while discontinuing all the others? Overstocked? Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using iPF

Some of the argument is that the iPad 2 is a big seller in education and large businesses. IMO, the pice is too high at $399 but every dollar saved when buying a bulk of them does add up and the 2 is obviously cheaper than the iPad air. I believe that's why they keep the 2 around.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Some of the argument is that the iPad 2 is a big seller in education and large businesses. IMO, the pice is too high at $399 but every dollar saved when buying a bulk of them does add up and the 2 is obviously cheaper than the iPad air. I believe that's why they keep the 2 around.

Also, the iPad 2 is still a good sell because it still supported with all of the updates while still being cheaper than Air. But I still want to hear from Radu as well.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using Tapatalk

Spugnut

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad2 still functions pretty well in most non gaming apps and therefore is still a good drawcard for business and mobility.

OP
RaduTyrsina

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad2 still functions pretty well in most non gaming apps and therefore is still a good drawcard for business and mobility.

The games I play still seem to run just fine so even for games it's OK. I'm sure a few of the largest most graphic heavy games will tax it too much but that's not a worry for most of us.

Most reactions

Latest posts