What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Battery and Charger Questions

kabdoun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear all,

I wanted to ask something about something very specific regarding the charging of the iPad. Is it wrong to keep the tablet on the charger even though the battery is 100% full? Or does it affect the battery life?

Or does the tablet actually stop charging the battery when it reaches 100% and the battery is safe from damage?

Lastly, I wanted to ask if the battery life has shortened, what can I do to replace the battery.... In other words, is the battery changeable like a laptop battery?

Thank you so much in advance

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

First, did you try to do some searching on the forum? :rolleyes: This is SO OFTEN an asked question that there is already plenty of information on this topic - please do a search; also, check out the iPad Apple Support links on the battery options - these have been linked innumerable times even by myself.

Second, the iPad battery is not 'user replaceable' but it is more likely that you will replace your iPad before the battery 'gives out' - :thumbs:

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is no harm in keeping it on the charger but I usually just leave mine wherever and charge it when it needs it. The battery in the iPad is pretty resilient. Every month or so, let it drop down to about 10% or so so the meter gets calibrated. Otherwise, charge when needed. Not much else to it.

Apple can replace the battery in your unit but you can't. The cost is listed on their website in the service section. I think it's bout $100 bucks plus tax and shipping. Not too bad, although like the other poster here said, the battery will likely last as long as the iPad is still serviceable anyways.

Most reactions

Latest posts